• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Misc Discussion: Anyone else like this? Only drug I can't seem to control is cannabis

spyfish

Bluelighter
TD;LR: The title

Been thinking about this many times. I've been a poly drug user for most of my adult life (M44) with many long sober periods. Medically needed and recreational use. My list psychoactive drugs I've tried is very long and in most categories. Most helpful by far has been the "heavy" Psychedelics like DMT and Ayahuasca.

I've used opiates occasionally (Tramadol, oxy, morphine, O-DSMT, Kratom etc) for 20+ years and never developed addiction. Ive gone trough mild Oxy physical withdrawals after a big spine surgery, which made me hate them. I think I'm an odd case with Oxycontin though. Never went over 10mg, they got me very high for 3-4 hours then depressed. IR ones last for 2 hours maybe. Seems like i hyper-metabolize them. I'm also sensitive to Tramadol, and actually prefer them over oxy. 50mg gives me a functional nice high for 5-6 hours. Now I walk around with cronic pain after a failed surgery, and still I dont use painkillers daily as im so dead scared of getting addicted to them. (I do take "Pain Breaks")

I love ketamine, have periods i IM 80mg or so once a week. And the occasional snort evening in front of the TV. Used to partake in coke in my younger days, but always found it overrated. Coke and MDMA i dont touch any more. I vastly prefer small lines of speed. I get dexamphetamine for my ADHD, but I hate being on them daily. I have periods on and off. (My shrink is very prescribe happy). I almost dont tough Alcohol, besides a good dark red with steak.

Been prescribed benzos since I was 16, have nice selection. But always managed to keep it under control, despite they are probably my favorite category of drugs and I suffer from insomnia.

Weed however! Its my damn kryptonite. I can never just use occasionally. Every single time I try to get back to it, it spills out into habitual daily use within a few weeks. And the older I get the worse the withdraws seem to be. Nightsweats, anxiety and debilitating depression lasting for weeks. Weed makes me lethargic, apathetic, binge eating and when my tolerance goes up the Cannabis Emetic syndrome kicks in. (Horrible morning nausea). For context I was a full on pot head in my 20s and well into my 30s.

Anyone else like this? I suspect I'm not alone in this, but perhaps not typical. The "harmless" softdrug seem to be the most addictive drug for me. I suspect Its a psychological thing.

I have a deep fear of addiction, and ironically when I have depressive periods and life is bleak i try to stay sober to avoid getting dragged into a "life escape" thing. I am more prone to take drugs to enhance good times than escape bad times. (Except for Pain breaks). At the same time I do realize I'm not immune to addiction.

I'm like that I used to smoke like an 1/8th in 2 days, then I tried edibles and found that is way less compulsive for me, I recently found out that one 10 mg gummy makes me so high I can't keep my eyes open or do anything, I've been very successful in quitting gummies but not smoking because I love to smoke, maybe if you fall off the ol weed wagon again it should be with edibles?

-Baphomet
:vampire: :vampire: :vampire:

I'm like that I used to smoke like an 1/8th in 2 days, then I tried edibles and found that is way less compulsive for me, I recently found out that one 10 mg gummy makes me so high I can't keep my eyes open or do anything, I've been very successful in quitting gummies but not smoking because I love to smoke, maybe if you fall off the ol weed wagon again it should be with edibles?

-Baphomet
:vampire: :vampire: :vampire:
Hah, I wish. It turns out I'm missing the enzyme to metabolize edibles. I had with me gummies from Thailand last year, and though they were just bunk. They were 30mg a pice, i even tried eating half the bag and nothing. Then my ex ate 1 and was floored and traumatized, never to touch edibles again. I feel nothing no matter how much i eat. Tried 3-4 Amsterdam, muffins as well, other than sugar kick, nilch.

I've been hooked on everything but opiates. Speed, downers, alcohol... and weed. Like seriously hooked. In every case but weed, it's ended with me quitting, mostly completely, due to the adverse effects (life going down the tubes, etc.)
Pot has bad effects as well. but they're not nearly as bad. Your life is affected, but not destroyed. So yeah, I always seem to come slinking back to it. Has real medical effects as well, BTW.

Has real medical effects as well, BTW.
Just goes to show how different people can be. Im the exact opposite.

Even the withdrawal from just a month long weed binge kicked me into a deep depression. Didn’t used to be like that when i was younger though.

Quitting 3 months of oxy pain treatment was actually easier. (First week was not nice though)

Just goes to show how different people can be. Im the exact opposite.

Even the withdrawal from just a month long weed binge kicked me into a deep depression. Didn’t used to be like that when i was younger though.

Quitting 3 months of oxy pain treatment was actually easier. (First week was not nice though)
Pot withdrawal does seem to last forever and it does get worse as you get older. Valium withdrawal is as long or longer, though.

But, I was talking about the adverse effects of habitual usage. Heavy downer and stimulant abuse cost me jobs, etc.. I'm impaired by heavy, daily, pot use, but I can keep my life together. Thus, I know I can't go back to the heavier stuff or things will get bad, but I know that I can smoke pot again.

I got into Delta 8 a few years ago. I just use once a day and only at night it lasts about 6 to 8 hours.

I don't smoke it or vape it. I have a concentrate liquid about four drops will give me absolute sedation, pain relief, as well as a good case of the giggles.

I got into it due to a interruption in quality flower at the time. However given the more desirable effects by much rather prefer Delta 8 high over traditional marijuana.

And my tolerance is still super low. Like I have some Delta 9 /CBD chocolate bars. One piece is 15 mg THC/15 mg CBD and that certainly does the trick.

So 75 mg delta8 is equivalent to 15 mg delta9 for my applications.

I don't know try to keep an open mind. Maybe smoking might not be beneficial to you anymore. I'm not saying get into edibles or Delta 8 but you might just try to change it up a little bit. After all I never thought that I would stop smoking weed either it just doesn't appeal to me anymore.

I can get all of the desired effects without smoking... Without the paranoia... For pennies on the dollar. I would say it is still habit-forming because it is fairly euphoric. But like tonight I don't feel like getting high out of my mind so I'm going to take one drop and supplement it with some CBN CBD mixture.