• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Discrete way to smoke cannabis in a smoking prohibited area?

Firth

Bluelighter
In March I'm going to see the Aussie Pink Floyd show, I intend to get very stoned beforehand but would like to be able to smoke when inside because by the time the gig has started, I probably won't be feeling the weed quite as much.

The event is in a large indoor arena, security/bouncers are posted at various locations in the venue. The friend I am going with seen Slipknot at the same venue the other day and smoked a cigarette inside, and was then given a lecture from a bore sitting nearby. Security didn't catch on, and he wasn't asked to leave at all, which is the venues policy for people caught smoking.

Obviously a joint would be incredibly obvious, and I want to avoid any open flames if I can help it.

So...

I am going to pick up a cheap pipe, this seems to be the most discrete way to smoke in any situation, with the exception of vaporizers, but I can't afford to be buying one. If they caught me, it could simply be hidden. Not so easy with a joint.

Idea 1:
A flameless lighter would work a treat, but can you get one that is appropriate? (must have some kind of small extendable rod, to stick inside the pipe)

Idea 2:
A conventional lighter, but I can hide under my jacket while I am lighting up, the hit should be taken in a few seconds, so no one should be wondering what the hell I am inside my jacket before, I doubt they will notice.

It will be dark, so the smoke should not be that obvious, and if security did see it, they would have to try and figure out who it is coming from.

Does anyone have any better ideas (other than don't smoke?)

Pretty much the same deal;
NSFW:
dugout_pipe_classic_small.jpg

Or -
NSFW:
Rasta-reggae-torpedo-metal-font-b-smoking-b-font-font-b-pipe-b-font-font-b.jpg

IMG_0011.jpg

Or, as mentioned above - edibles. Or both ;)
Hash oil could be more discreet, id toke it in a toilet cubicle if i were that worried.
I take it this is a non-smoking (of anything?) event?
Indoor arenas in australia wont take kindly to a ciggie either.
Id make some hash oil or sneak off to the dunny* for a cheeky pipe or six.

Last edited:
^ this.
If i were you i'd take an edible, if you want to smoke inside get a one hitter. I've smoked in clubs and indoor concerts using that kind of pipe, it's easy just tell a friend to kind of cover you up and take 1 hit at a time. They won't catch you, just use your hand to cover the pipe and the lighter as you take the hit so no one sees the flame.

An easy way to hit the bowl discretely would be to simply kneel or crouch down in the crowd when you hit the piece. Use the crowd as cover. Imagine trying to find an extremely short person in an audience in a dark room. Back to edibles, if I dose an edible and smoke on top of it don't have to smoke very much at all. A few tokes here and there.

I always just use a one hitter in discrete smoking situations but since there is a no smoking ANYTHING rule (which is complete bs at a PF show!!), this situation might just call for some edibles. Or thc pills. Or just fire up the bowl and they can just go fuck themselves, because you're a rockstar like that.

It's really easy to smoke a J while at a concert. Push your way down to the middle of the crowd in the dance floor. Then just whip the j out and pretend to dance while you light it up at waist level. If you light it at waist level no security will be able to see it being lit because the crowd will make it difficult to see. Then when you hit it make sure you cup your hand or pretend to dance and duck down in the crowd when you take your hit. Pay attention to the crowd and make sure security isn't close to you. They shouldn't notice you unless you are being sketchy and looking over your shoulder every five seconds haha. Only downside is that as soon as you light up a j everyone wants to take a hit hehe.

vape pen is definitely the way to go, but at a pink floyd show I'd imagine there will be people smoking weed all over the place. Joints are the way to go at festivals and stuff imo, you can light it and smoke it light it is a cigarette, hold it so security can't see the cherry, and you don't have a lighter flashing your face to security every time you want a hit. Every time I go to shows I see people trying to be all discrete with pipes but when it's dark... you might as well put on a strobe light.

Just cruise around, watch security for a bit, then dive into the deepest, thickest crowd you can find and try to get dead center. Light that joint like a cigarette, cheif down, maybe move around a bit, then ditch the butt and repeat until out of joints or show is over.

Oh ya, security usually wears brightly colored shirts like yellow or white and carry flashlights and shine them in peoples faces.

EDIT: just noticed Wetrippymayne uses the same strategy as me!! I think it is stoner instinct to migrate to the thickest and most dense crowds to light up because every time I do it's like I found all the stoners. Sometimes people who you think are looking at you all sketchy will all of a sudden pull out a pipe lol. Great way to meet rad stoner chicks. But I have passed a joint to a girl and then she passes it to her boyfriend and I'm like WTF SLAPAHOE but not really just cry a little inside.

Just make some edibles man. Tons of recipes online and they last way longer than smoked ganj plus you won't have to sketch every time you rip one in the smoking area, We've all been there no one enjoys it.