• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Disappointed with MDMA?

theyoyoman

Greenlighter
What's the typical (safe) dose of pure MDMA to have a great time? I've tried it twice now. Once 110mg and recently 165mg and was underwhelmed with the experience. It made me feel lighter, a little more energetic and talkative and more emotionally open. But that's about it. No noticeable rush of euphoria. And maybe that's all it does but I thought it would be a lot more intense. Am I expecting too much? Do I have a natural tolerance?
I'm male, weighing 220lbs

Set and setting. In order to feel the "noticeable rush of euphoria" you're talking about, it's important that you be around good people and be doing something that would be fun even if you were sober.

A typical dose is 1.5 mg / kg, so that 165 mg dose should be plenty for you. Did you space your doses three months apart?

Hi yoyoman, I had a similar experience. Reading the usual doses I was really worried there was something wrong with me because I was having to take a lot more the the quoted 100-150mg (which would give me the mild effects you described as opposed to full blown euphoria I get off more).

Then I bought a purity testing kit. Obviously these things aren't 100% reliable, but the crystal that I was being told by reliable sources was pure was actually around 60%. I think this difference is something to do with the way they make it (?) rather than it being cut with stuff, but I would get a purity kit to see exactly what you're dealing with. You've tested positive for mdxx but that doesn't mean it's pure.

Test to see if it's pure and go from there. Hope that helps!

Hi yoyoman, I had a similar experience. Reading the usual doses I was really worried there was something wrong with me because I was having to take a lot more the the quoted 100-150mg (which would give me the mild effects you described as opposed to full blown euphoria I get off more).

Then I bought a purity testing kit. Obviously these things aren't 100% reliable, but the crystal that I was being told by reliable sources was pure was actually around 60%. I think this difference is something to do with the way they make it (?) rather than it being cut with stuff, but I would get a purity kit to see exactly what you're dealing with. You've tested positive for mdxx but that doesn't mean it's pure.

Test to see if it's pure and go from there. Hope that helps!
Hmm Thanks for the advice! Is there a certain one you recommend?

Set and setting. In order to feel the "noticeable rush of euphoria" you're talking about, it's important that you be around good people and be doing something that would be fun even if you were sober.

A typical dose is 1.5 mg / kg, so that 165 mg dose should be plenty for you. Did you space your doses three months apart?
I feel like my set and setting were pretty good. I was with my gf at her apartment listening to music and playing with glosticks. And yes I did space them 3 months apart.

The dosage guide was originally and still is based on what is classed as pure MDMA using synthesis methods first done by Shulgin. This was for predominant racemic S

These days who knows as there is already some theories suggesting changes in manufacture to reduce the time and increase yield has altered both the dose and the high.

With MD now having a higher % of R (all just theory). R doesn't give the same levels of euphoria and empathy. As noted originally by Shulgin who discounted R in favour of S.

If a batch only does contain 60% then of course you have to increase the dose to get the required optimum level. But the concern always is what is the other 40%. Possible impurity / precursors left from the synth or something that is active in its own right to try and disguise the poor high from the racemic R.

Hmm Thanks for the advice! Is there a certain one you recommend?

I use the eztest one, quite expensive but for me, worth it. Friends might be willing to chip in.

Itsgoneundertheboa, that's interesting. I was thinking about starting a thread on this, as I'm curious on what the other 40% is as well. Always put it down to inefficient manufacture but Im often naive about this sort of thing. I know in the UK certainly a standard dose is far more than what's suggested on erowid, and people aren't getting fucked THAT much

I use the eztest one, quite expensive but for me, worth it. Friends might be willing to chip in.

Itsgoneundertheboa, that's interesting. I was thinking about starting a thread on this, as I'm curious on what the other 40% is as well. Always put it down to inefficient manufacture but Im often naive about this sort of thing. I know in the UK certainly a standard dose is far more than what's suggested on erowid, and people aren't getting fucked THAT much

is this the one you use? https://www.eztest.com/product/ez-test-blister-for-mdma-purity/

MDMA is fairly safe even in high doses, not to say advisable. I've seen someone eat a whole gram rock in one go before and be absolutely munted but still compos mentis. I've done a half in one myself after years of experience and knowing I would be ok and was also fine, I'd consider myself to have a high tolerance though. The guideline amounts may not be enough for you, just work your dosages up until you get the desired effect, read up on what that should be. Bare in mind though mdma is indeed fairly mellow, but you should definitely feel euphoria in the right set and setting. I think for now though your doses are slightly too low.

If you didn't feel great with 165, you can try a bit more, it's still a safe area. I had a perfect night with 2 hits of 250 each, 1.5 hours between them.
When you really feel it it's the best thing ever, so I'd say it's worth it. Getting a low dose that doesn't get you rolling does feel bad, had it once.

It's possible you are a hard head when it come to MDMA.

For me MDMA wasn't interesting aside last pills I got signaled as "dangerous" containing smth like 300mg. I don't appreciate very much <150mg. For this reason I really moderate myself to an use each 6 month/1 years, that's not a fantastic drug for me. In addition I party often for 2-3 night in a row (free party/DIY open air rave), so I don't appreciate the comedown problem wich force me to take MDMA at the last night.

LSD/trypta/keta and a tiny bit of speed for keeping awake at the end is what Ive for partying. Far more experimental and hedonic. Far better than multi night MDMA "I feel good but the same emotion for 18h" where you end up wasted and in serotonin syndrom. And you can be functionnal on monday (aside no sleep night). And as if it wasn't enough, MDMA is not safe, look at the empathogenic part in this forum this is here you have the most important concentration of ppl reporting problem after consumption.

Last edited: