Admin Attention Disappearing posts

M

MrSimon

Yesterday on Gibz in EADD a mod made a post which was seen by 5 other posters, this post vanished (Deleted by another mod) The mod in question who deleted the post denies all knowledge even though witnesses saw the post and infracted a poster for questioning this deletion.

Could a mod or admin have a look into this?

Last edited by a moderator:
Does it really matter? Posts disappear all the time n I'm sure that if a mod says they've not deleted it then they've not deleted it They're honest bunch. Why woukd they need to lie,

Why bot maje this enquiry with your normal BL ID?

Evey

Last edited:
Yesterday on Gibz in EADD a mod made a post which was seen by 5 other posters, this post vanished (Deleted by another mod) The mod in question who deleted the post denies all knowledge even though witnesses saw the post and infracted a poster for questioning this deletion.

Could a mod or admin have a look into this?

For the record, I did not genuinely accuse a mod of deleting a post. Details here.

Last edited:
Yesterday on Gibz in EADD a mod made a post which was seen by 5 other posters, this post vanished (Deleted by another mod)
if you are talking about bearlove's post, there's no record of the post having been deleted by a moderator. the op in question is not even 100% sure the post was posted and the only explanation that's been mooted is that the post was lost due to a connection issue in the middle of a thread merge. whatever happened, there was nothing malevolent at play.
The mod in question who deleted the post denies all knowledge even though witnesses saw the post and infracted a poster for questioning this deletion.
the 'witness' was not infracted for questioning the decision. he was infracted for disrupting the forum and trying to stir drama by blaming the post's disappearance on staff deliberately deleting it. the witness claimed after the fact that he was just joking but he was not given the benefit of the doubt due to a long history of trouble-making and disruption.

alasdair

A post that I thought I had made was not showing up - there is no evidence to show or reason to think a mod has removed it out of anything other than a glitch when merging a few posts. Nothing sinister, not a mod stalking me or abusing powers etc.