Social Dirty D's Music Thread

deficiT

Sr. Moderator: NSADD, DC, & TDS
Staff member
So as you know, I've been 100% focusing on launching my music career. I actually just got an opportunity to monetize my Instagram through badges. I am in talks with a reputable record label that's preparing a full proposal for access to an artist development platform. My IG recently reached 20k followers and I've been promoting a fair bit. My debut single/music video will be out any day now. I have been using premium reverbnation to enter into opportunities and playlists.

Only problem is. These are uncharted waters for me. I don't have a manager. I have collaborators that I work with, producers and otherwise that know their stuff, but no one that's seriously trying to get their music out there. This is the only thing I've wanted since I was a kid, and it's one of the few things that evokes emotion from me.

So I'm asking Bluelight if anyone has experience with this kind of thing, what steps I should take to further this dream (it is still just a dream), and how best to get my name out there. If you have any experience in the music industry, please give me a shout.

I'm seriously considering just moving to Nashville when my probation is over and going balls deep and see what happens.

I'll also just use this thread to spam my music so I won't dominate any other ones.

Listen to Depression and Obsession; XXXTentacion Cover by Registers Red on #SoundCloud

If you come across legal woes and contracts. I'd help.
I mean, My music network runs deep. We (those I've played with) just all have the same problem. Breaking Through.
We have all the talent, more than the industry. The industry is just pushing bad music and making money.
But the good money comes from the artists that are underground making moves.
As of now, you've got enough followers and interest.
Keep it it up bub.

I wrote this song in May, sweating my ass off in an attic. This here is the original rough acoustic version I recorded on my phone just to put anything out there. But now, very soon, I am releasing it professionally on all platforms. It has come, so, so far, and I will be soon inviting you on a sonic adventure that you might end up falling in love with. But I figured I'd give you guys my starting spot as an example of what can be done with songwriting and production. Thank you for listening, truly, every compliment I get on my music truly warms my heart. I am expecting to drop the real deal here in the next day or so, including YouTube video. But here's some nylon string crooning in the mean time.

Listen to Excercise Your Lies Demo Acoustic by Registers Red on #SoundCloud

I finally finished the real deal, here it is in all it's glory. Please watch. And yes I'm cross posting it sorry.