• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Dipyanone

deficiT

Sr. Moderator: NSADD, DC, & TDS
Staff member
Curious to see if anyone has any experience with this. There's a couple reddit reports and such, but not really much. It is fairly available. Most people have compared it to methadone with a comparably long duration.

NOTE: DO NOT IV THIS SUBSTANCE, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE. IT IS EXTREMELY CAUSTIC AND ACIDIC, AND THE DRUG THIS IS DERIVED FROM HAS CAUSED PEOPLE TO LOSE LIMBS AFTER INJECTION.

Interested to hear whatever thoughts you might have on it, and please share your experiences if you have them. Here is the structure, and whatever summary I can find on Wikipedia:

Dipyanone is an opioid analgesic which has been sold as a designer drug. It is closely related to medically used drugs such as methadone, dipipanone and phenadoxone, but is slightly less potent
  • 4,4-diphenyl-6-(1-pyrrolidinyl)-heptan-3-one

CAS Number
60996-94-3 check
UNII
P8UN8D5PUN
Chemical and physical data
Formula
C23H29NO
Molar mass
335.491 g·mol−1
3D model (JSmol)
Interactive image
SMILES
CCC(=O)C(CC(C)N1CCCC1)(c1ccccc1)c1ccccc1

This is the dosage chart I found on tripsit, obviously your mileage may vary, so take this as tentative and always start low.

Oral
Light3-5mg
Common5-10mg
Strong10-20mg+

Last edited:
Have not tried it myself but from I understand it isn't particularly recreational and is most useful as a means to taper off other opioid addictions.

It also seems quite dangerous to play around with since it is likely similar to methadone in sense that it accumulates in the bloodstream when taken multiple days in a row, which can lead to accidental overdose. Also it's slow acting nature and the frustratingly subtle euphoria may push a user to try to squeeze some more euphoria out of it (and in turn, overdose).

For a similar reason, methadone is actually the most dangerous commonly prescribed opioid in terms of its ability to produce fatal overdoses, and the proportion of methadone overdose deaths relative to the number of methadone prescriptions is far higher than any other opioid.

As a methadone fan I was interested in dipyanone as well but would never order any since it's about the last thing I need right now.

When I was reading about dipyanone I came across this very sad situation on reddit:

Still, even after reading that I'm sure I'd sample it if I had a small amount, but I would suggest not obtaining any significant amount (and if you do obtain some, don't try to chase the high like that guy's brother).

Have not tried it myself but from I understand it isn't particularly recreational and is most useful as a means to taper off other opioid addictions.

It also seems quite dangerous to play around with since it is likely similar to methadone in sense that it accumulates in the bloodstream when taken multiple days in a row, which can lead to accidental overdose. Also it's slow acting nature and the frustratingly subtle euphoria may push a user to try to squeeze some more euphoria out of it (and in turn, overdose).

For a similar reason, methadone is actually the most dangerous commonly prescribed opioid in terms of its ability to produce fatal overdoses, and the proportion of methadone overdose deaths relative to the number of methadone prescriptions is far higher than any other opioid.

As a methadone fan I was interested in dipyanone as well but would never order any since it's about the last thing I need right now.

When I was reading about dipyanone I came across this very sad situation on reddit:

Still, even after reading that I'm sure I'd sample it if I had a small amount, but I would suggest not obtaining any significant amount (and if you do obtain some, don't try to chase the high like that guy's brother).
Good to know, thanks for sharing. Yeah, I'm curious about it, but honestly more wanted to start this thread to get a conversation going about it on here, as it is definitely around but isn't talked about much.

As soon as I have any kind of reasonable dosage recommendations I will try and post them as well.

This one as well as etazene and it's derivates I believe are more prevalent than you would think. They are handing warning pamphlets out at hospitals about etonitazene, as it has crept it's way into the heroin on the east coast, I wouldn't be surprised if this has too.

I definitely think a conversation about it is important for anyone thinking of trying it.

Added the dosage chart and a note above, but it bears repeating: do not inject this stuff, please!!!!!

What’s the precursor that has people getting limbs amputated after IV? Just curious, sounds like nasty stuff.

-GC

What’s the precursor that has people getting limbs amputated after IV? Just curious, sounds like nasty stuff.

-GC
Wasn't this impure soup called Krokodil? Saw a documentary where they showed people injecting black liquid containing gasoline and whatnot. :woah:

It's nice to see methadone analogous being made.

I love all these new opioids too that have odd non traditional structures.

Ensuring that the war on drugs will be lost miserably. Sorry for all the casualties in between but I like seeing drugs winning the drug war.

The only question is how much of a beating will.society take until we admit we lost.

Wasn't this impure soup called Krokodil? Saw a documentary where they showed people injecting black liquid containing gasoline and whatnot. :woah:

That’s desomorphine, synthesized in the same manner meth is from pseudoephedrine but instead used on codeine. The end mixture is then used as is.

-GC

Ah thanks, I confused that. But remember now from where I know this molecule's name - a German vendor offers that and another methadone analogue. I don't know, I loved bromadol which was briefly available from the same place, I'd say that was miles better than any methadone analogue can get, possibly through delta agonism(?), even though I kinda liked methadone, just it was nothing special and has a way worse withdrawal than morphine - but of course correct me if I'm wrong here. Don't know why exactly they stopped offering it, maybe it's hard to synth.

But as time comes I guess I'll try dipyanone and desmethylmoramide. I somehow love exploring obscure substances. But first comes etodesnitazene, they also have two other analogues just they are too potent for handling in an amateur .. lab.

-GC
A closely related drug called dipipanone.

After researching a bit more, apparently the amputations and deaths that happened in the ~70s in the UK was due to the insoluble binders in a tablet formation that was mixed with cyclyzine. So it very well could have just been due to the binders and not the chemical itself.

I would still be cautious. A report on Reddit said it was virtually insoluble in water anyway.

A closely related drug called dipipanone.

After researching a bit more, apparently the amputations and deaths that happened in the ~70s in the UK was due to the insoluble binders in a tablet formation that was mixed with cyclyzine. So it very well could have just been due to the binders and not the chemical itself.

I would still be cautious. A report on Reddit said it was virtually insoluble in water anyway.
Cyclizine hydrochloride is the form used in tablets, whether motion-sickness pills (like the former Bonine for Kids) or the oral painkiller combo in question (Diconal).

Cyclizine lactate is the form used in ampoules & vials, alone as an antiemetic or in an injectable painkiller combo (Cyclimorph), and it's one of the few antihistamines still labeled for unrestricted IV use (most now advise IM only or "slow IV" at most).

The hydrochloride salt isn't water-soluble at all, so IIRC it was only possible to inject "Dikes" if the unfiltered solution was kept warm in a larger (2-3ml) barrel, shaken vigorously, and then injected as soon as a lower-gauge (23-25g) needle was screwed, which hopefully would not get clogged with all the particulate matter in the shot. . . .

You can imagine how wonderful that kind of IV process would be for your vascular/circulatory/etc. systems. In the post-Diconal era, it was still relatively popular to IV the plain cyclizine 50mg tablets along with IV or even oral methadone.

Cyclizine are hard to inject see above but rush is great. 20 X 50mg tablets (1 gram) can be extracted with H20 and isoOH or other alcohol. Based with NaOH. Filtered base cyclizine collected and salted with more available Citric acid, which is water soluble. Not sure why the HCl isnt soluble.

Best antihistamine. Would like to try orphenadrine.

Best antihistamine. Would like to try orphenadrine.
Is it a big difference from e.g. diphenhydramine, doxylamine etc. to cyclizine? Some people even like seroquel but I don't get it, for me antihistamines only induce an non-enjoyable drowsiness, Genetical?

Yes cyclizine is better than DPH. It has more than just antihistamine effects as far as I can tell.

It's not amazing, it just pairs well with opioid type drugs.

It's worth making the citrate or the lactate salt from the HCl tablets. The HCl crushed tablets hot harder I don't know why but they aren't good for you, are hard to inject and dealing with water soluble salts is a lot easier and safer.

Anybody else have any experience with this yet? It's become available for me and I'm thinking of grabbing a small amount to help with, well, everything opioids help with lol.

my source ran out of it, sadly. dose is said to be around 30mg. i suspect it tobe much like methadone, maybe a little less potent.

my source ran out of it, sadly. dose is said to be around 30mg. i suspect it tobe much like methadone, maybe a little less potent.
Yeah I'm just going to get 100mg to try. Will report back when I do. I am reading people say to start as low as 5mg if you are opioid naive. I'm of course not, but I'll be happy if I get at least 4 decent doses out of this sample, I believe it's got a pretty long half life. Takes about 2-3 hours to fully kick in. The vendor uses a couple figures to judge potency, which seem kinda convoluted, but he first compares 125mg ODSMT to ~30-40mg Morphine. And then he says the dipanyone is about 10-15x more potent that ODSMT. Math 🙄 lol but yeah sounds to me that well 12.5mg Dipanyone would be equal to like ~30-40mg morphine. I think?

And I'm not necessarily saying these figures are correct this is just what I've read. I may have posted more in the OP that I'm not considering so I'll look back on that too.

ah people touted it to be better than desmethylmoramide.

ah people touted it to be better than desmethylmoramide.
I had never heard of that one.

Ah yeah I had posted in the OP this oral dosage range from tripsit:

Light3-5mg
Common5-10mg
Strong10-20mg+