• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Dipping Cigarettes in Liquid Drugs

ChemicallyEnhanced

Bluelighter
Does anyone have experience with this? Which drugs?

So I know the main ones are formaldehyde and PCP. I've also heard of people doing it with DXM cough syrups like Robotussin. I've been meaning to try it with the DXM but not had the chance yet. Those first two drugs are too crazy for me to want to try. I've heard of people putting cocaine on the end of cigs, too.
I've just smoked a cigarette dipped in oral morphine and it worked fairly well, although it was just a 2mg/ml concentration so I imagine it would work significantly better with the 10mg/ml or 20mg/ml solutions.

I'm really interested in this and would love to hear back from anyone.

'Lean' blunts used to be big in my city, before the "opioid crisis" made cough syrup virtually disappear. People would soak their blunt in codeine/promethazine syrup.... fucking gross. Just drink the syrup for Christ's sake.

I tried it a few times (when others would do it, I wouldn't waste good codeine like that) and never found any extra effects, except the odd taste likely left by the smoking of sugar.

So I know the main ones are formaldehyde

Formaldehyde is not a drug, it is one of several highly toxic and cancerogenic chemicals that spontaneously form in burning material due to thermal decomposition processes.

....and PCP. I've also heard of people doing it with DXM cough syrups like Robotussin. I've been meaning to try it with the DXM but not had the chance yet. Those first two drugs are too crazy for me to want to try. I've heard of people putting cocaine on the end of cigs, too.

I've just smoked a cigarette dipped in oral morphine and it worked fairly well, although it was just a 2mg/ml concentration so I imagine it would work significantly better with the 10mg/ml or 20mg/ml solutions.

Your experiment with oral morphine sounds like the effects of the nicotine + placebo more than anything else, honestly. Like, how many ml of liquid did you absorb onto that cigarette? Even if you absorbed a whole ml of solution into your cig, that'd just be 2 mg, which should not even cause threshold effects. Likewise, it's not going to work with DXM - cough syrups typically contain 1-2 mg of DXM per ml... that's why people have to chug >100 ml's of syrup for a typical recreational dose... good luck soaking and smoking enough cigarettes in a short enough timeframe to get high on it.

The reason it works with PCP is because PCP is a potent substance (with doses as low as 10 mg already producing *very* strong psychoactive effects), and the solution they use for "dipping" (freebase PCP dissolved in an organic solvent) is relatively concentrated. Also, PCP freebase should vaporize much better than a salt like DXM hydrobromide or morphine sulphate.

It would depend on the drugs state and suitability towards vaping/smoking

People are stupid and will smoke anything

They used to have heroine cigarettes in the UK when heroine maintenance was a thing
Issued by private gp's.
They were discontinued because cigarettes are bad for you.
And very few people today have a diamorphine script in the UK. Morphine and methadone ampoules are still a thing for some private patents but it's very rare

Dipping a cigarette in any kind of drug is at best an extremely ineffective way to use a drug. The effects you got from the morphine dipped cigarette were almost certainly placebo unless you have an insanely low natural tolerance for opiates.

Formaldehyde is not a drug, it is one of several highly toxic and cancerogenic chemicals that spontaneously form in burning material due to thermal decomposition processes.

Your experiment with oral morphine sounds like the effects of the nicotine + placebo more than anything else, honestly. Like, how many ml of liquid did you absorb onto that cigarette? Even if you absorbed a whole ml of solution into your cig, that'd just be 2 mg, which should not even cause threshold effects. Likewise, it's not going to work with DXM - cough syrups typically contain 1-2 mg of DXM per ml... that's why people have to chug >100 ml's of syrup for a typical recreational dose... good luck soaking and smoking enough cigarettes in a short enough timeframe to get high on it.

The reason it works with PCP is because PCP is a potent substance (with doses as low as 10 mg already producing *very* strong psychoactive effects), and the solution they use for "dipping" (freebase PCP dissolved in an organic solvent) is relatively concentrated. Also, PCP freebase should vaporize much better than a salt like DXM hydrobromide or morphine sulphate.

I know what formaldehyde is. Teenagers still smoke it as a drug.
I absorbed 3ml into a cigarette (it was an extra-long one) which makes 6mg. I wouldn't normally feel that but I think because it was smoked more than oral. I HAD taken morphine not too long before that so that might have been what I was feeling but I did feel a slight increase in buzz with the cigarette and not just from the cigarette itself.

Formaldehyde is not a drug even iif you smoked it, LOL

I believe that you may have smoked formaldehyde without much effect, but if you had indeed smoked genuine PCP dipped then you would known it. One toke and you are stoned to the edge of a PCP hole before you exhale if you had no tolerances. An extra long would be an extremely intense long trip if you managed to finish it.

Just gotta love these urban legends.

It would depend on the drugs state and suitability towards vaping/smoking

People are stupid and will smoke anything

They used to have heroine cigarettes in the UK when heroine maintenance was a thing
Issued by private gp's.
They were discontinued because cigarettes are bad for you.
And very few people today have a diamorphine script in the UK. Morphine and methadone ampoules are still a thing for some private patents but it's very rare

I remember those bifters. They came in 30, 60 & 100mg strengths and were highly sought after. To a non tolerant user, a 30mg one would knock you on your ass. My mates mrs was a pharmacy assistant and used to make up the bifters by injecting the diamorphine solution into the cigarettes brought in by the scriptee. But the gear wasn't evenly distributed through the ciggie so the best way of smoking them was to break them open and roll the tobacco into a spliff (weed optional) thus providing a more even distribution and no filter. Happy days...

I remember those bifters. They came in 30, 60 & 100mg strengths and were highly sought after. To a non tolerant user, a 30mg one would knock you on your ass. My mates mrs was a pharmacy assistant and used to make up the bifters by injecting the diamorphine solution into the cigarettes brought in by the scriptee. But the gear wasn't evenly distributed through the ciggie so the best way of smoking them was to break them open and roll the tobacco into a spliff (weed optional) thus providing a more even distribution and no filter. Happy days...
Holy shit, what a cool concept.

I believe that you may have smoked formaldehyde without much effect, but if you had indeed smoked genuine PCP dipped then you would known it. One toke and you are stoned to the edge of a PCP hole before you exhale if you had no tolerances. An extra long would be an extremely intense long trip if you managed to finish it.

What I MEAN is...in the U.S. in particular, teenagers smoke cigs dipped in formaldehyde and it's gets you VERY fucked up. It's also a really stupid and dangerous thing to do.
But some people will try and abuse ANYTHING/

Look it up. It is NOT an urban legend.
and LOL no *I* have not smoked a formaldehyde cigarette! I'd never do something so stupid.

OMG I'm SO jealous!

Thanks. I was mostly thinking of that episode of Six Feet Under where she steals a container of her families embalming fluid to use for that reason.
I guess if "formaldehyde" is used as slang for it, some people would get confused and use that.

OMG I'm SO jealous!

Its mad innit? It sounds so unthinkable these days that an addict could rock up to a branch of Boots with a packet of fags, have them injected with a dose of pure diamorphine hydrochloride then go away and smoke them at their leisure. The thing is, it wasn't really that long ago. I think the practice ceased in the early to mid 2000s. The mad thing is that many people scripted them would sell them for street gear as they preferred it (that's before it all went to shit with the great drought of 2010).

I’ve smoked cigs and joints dipped into solutions of various drugs which were then dried similar to how PCP and heroin are out on.

Jungle spice DMT and hash oil are two that come to mind.

-GC

So I know the main ones are formaldehyde and PCP. I've also heard of people doing it with DXM cough syrups like Robotussin. I've been meaning to try it with the DXM but not had the chance yet. Those first two drugs are too crazy for me to want to try. I've heard of people putting cocaine on the end of cigs, too.

I'm really interested in this and would love to hear back from anyone.
I just saw an episode of some drug mini series on netflix that was about PCP use. Mother of God, that's one of the few drugs that actually lives up to all the bad shit you heard about it growing up. The effects look like a full frontal phlebotomy was just performed on the user. I can't imagine how the high could be considered pleasurable. 🤪🥴
What's funny though is i had no idea PCP was even still a thing. Turns out it's all D.C. really has as far as drugs go, and it seems like it's really just an isolated problem in that city. It's like a drug epidemic time capsule where everyone is trapped in the 1980's lol

'Lean' blunts used to be big in my city, before the "opioid crisis" made cough syrup virtually disappear. People would soak their blunt in codeine/promethazine syrup.... fucking gross. Just drink the syrup for Christ's sake.

I tried it a few times (when others would do it, I wouldn't waste good codeine like that) and never found any extra effects, except the odd taste likely left by the smoking of sugar.
Definitely tried this. Definitely a waste of syrup!

I used to lick the end of a cig and wipe up the remaining residue on the plate after doing coke. This was also immediately after doing a line so I'm not sure it was enough to do anything.

I'm too scared to try PCP lol I've heard too many horror stories of what people do when they're bugged out on that shit. I'm sure everybody's experience is different though. I was once scared to do most of the shit I've done, so who knows what the future holds 🤷‍♂️

Its mad innit? It sounds so unthinkable these days that an addict could rock up to a branch of Boots with a packet of fags, have them injected with a dose of pure diamorphine hydrochloride then go away and smoke them at their leisure. The thing is, it wasn't really that long ago. I think the practice ceased in the early to mid 2000s. The mad thing is that many people scripted them would sell them for street gear as they preferred it (that's before it all went to shit with the great drought of 2010).

You guys were lucky in the UK. Over here we had lots of mst diconal palfium and temgesic apparently up till about 1995/2000 even.

Now the best you'll get i's dalmane oxy and palladone (hydromorph) 2.8mg if someone is dying