• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Diphenhydramine

Shrooms00087

Bluelighter
I have done this drug once maybe twice and I was just wondering how my experience with the drug was similar or dissimilar to other peoples use of the drug. When I used it I had a five second memory and could only retain maybe a sentence worth of dialogue with myself. Is this similar to anyone else?

It's been a very long time, my memory is hazy.

I only remeber the extreme confusion from having delusional hallucinations 500-600mg provides.

wow, i find it gives a disguisting feeling in the arms mostly from 130mg on. mindset is also lame, a bit of sedation thats it. snorting coffeine is better.

That sounds like a bog standard dph experience, the only thing you're missing is the part where you do something horribly shameful that you can't recall.

Diphenhydramine is not a recreational drug, I don't recommend fucking around with it

For me dramamine was almost identical to the psychosis i suffered from No memory and seeing weird unpleasant shit. I would not wish it on my worst enemy. It's like psychosis in pill form

It’s reported to give from reality indistinguishable hallucinations like the nightshade alcaloids produce. I’ve never gone higher than 200mg and I hated. Years ago it was touted to help boosting a dxm trip, but that is nonsense. All in all a rather obsolete compound. Albeit it has made history, these antihistamines were the compounds from which the first antidepressants got derived.

My experience was so bad I can't even take therapeutic 25mg doses of benadryl for sleep anymore, and that was 20 years ago.

Having conversations with a fly that doesn't exist, dead relatives or being stuck in a loop where you made a bowl of ice cream but can't find it are morbidly fun when you read about it, but it's pure hell when it's happening to you. Those are the parts I remember. Feels like toxic brain damage.

Last edited:
Yeah, DPH is a delirant, something which gives you a taste of psychosis. It's notorious for making you feel and act weird, to see insects where there are none etc. It's sometimes confused with DXM probably because of the similar abbreviations and both are OTC but if you want to trip, go for DXM. Back in my irresponsible teenage years I gave DPH a shot at 500mg and got nothing besides a weird physical feeling and some anxiety. It's one of these few drugs definitely not worth it unless you find smoking imagined cigarettes and dealing drugs with your hand as a cellphone, speaking with dead people etc appealing.