• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Diphenhydramine potentially lethal dose?

nancy145

Bluelighter
I've used diphenhydramine in the past, and get enjoyable effects from it, which is why I'm considering doing it again. Ice used it like 5-8 times before, but that was a while ago so I have no tolerance now. I was wondering what the potentially lethal dose is.

I'm not sure about potentially lethal, but I know I've seen multiple sources claiming that 1000 mg is the point around which significant adverse health consequences, particularly such as seizures, seem to become considerably more likely. I also recall reading a scientific article recently that marked around 7.5 mg/kg as the cut off point for potential emergency situations.

Personally, I would never take more than 1000 mg. I took this exact dose once in my youth and it was entirely delirious, so I wouldn't see much point in pushing beyond that anyway. Beyond delirium lies only amnesia.

Please note as well that serious health effects have occurred below 1000 mg in some, it just seems less likely. I wouldn't really say that any recreational dose seems particularly healthy based on the literature....

Just make sure you're as safe as possible, especially when you're returning after a tolerance break. There's no telling what about your sensitivity could change to what degrees in that time, including even being possibly more sensitive to it than you were the first time around. Stranger things have happened.

Deliriants are not to be toyed with. With anticholinergics you're essentially doing to your body the exact opposite of what a nerve agent does. You're also drastically increasing your risk of developing dementia and Alzheimer's disease later in life. Stuff like datura and scopolamine fall into the same category and there's numerous articles of people dropping dead from them. It's not my job to tell you what to put into your body so like Kaleida said be as safe as possible. Just wanted to let you know that there's been significant literature published in "Nature" indicating that long term use of anticholinergics and antihistamines (specifically first generation ones like diphenhydramine) can be very bad news.