• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Diphenhydramine HCL

sspoon03

Greenlighter
I have taken 400 mg Diphenhydramine at multiple occasions. Im not looking for lecture, as I already know the affects. I have had very good experiences. I took 400 mg last night, what is the chance of the same amount feeling the same tonight? Any health problems that could be associated with using it two days in a row?

Edit: I am 180 lbs

Last edited:
Un, yeS, that is absurd-what “effects” are you trying to get from abusing a potent anticholinergic? Spiders on the eally

Welcone to BL, and please rethink this

I have had some amazing experiences. Dont regret the times that ive used it at all. I have not had any of the bad side effects that ive read about. So, im thankful.

The biggest risk is being in a delirious state and having no control over your actions. You could easily take your 400 mg, forget you took it and then eat the whole bottle or decide to drive somewhere. Besides that you could develop an arrythmia or a seizure disorder or you could develop panic disorder with long term usage. It's a drug that is a definite risk to your physical and mental health. You may have had good experiences but it's definitely something to consider the cost with since it can definitely rob you of your health.

I have a tough time imagining one having an "amazing" experience by taking high doses of Diphenhydramine. Not trying to insult you, or anything of the sort, but it seems to me a rather desperate attempt at changing your headspace, and I would never encourage anyone to use the drug in this way.

I?ve taken moderate doses of dph everyday for weeks on end as a sleep aid and out of boredom to a degree. I can tell you that there is some very uncomfortable withdrawals that come with using this everyday but it doesn?t sound like you are using it that way.

If you are just using it for the occasional experience and make sure you have no responsibilities to attend to i can?t see it being a huge deal. Just treat it like tripping on any psychedelic, be mindful of when you take it and where and don?t take it often.

Be aware though that the delirium from multiple days in a row of using it might make your mind pretty hazy. if you are gonna use multiple days be sure to take more time off before the next use.

I guess I enjoy the "delirium" feeling. Not that my life sucks and I want to get away from it. Honestly as far as visuals, they so far have been the same as using lucy. Maybe im one of the lucky ones that got that experience haha. There is just something about it that makes me euphoric and happy. The "out of this world", "dream" feel is what gets me. But I definitely would like to learn more about it if nothing else.

Last edited:
I would also like to add that im never alone when i use them. I am engaged and live with him. So I have a "babysitter".

^ Diphenhydramine prolongs the QT interval, and with all the all other effects, it is just insane to abuse it-panic disorder, or a life changing heart condition, for what? Delirium? They're are better ways to get delirious-nothing about this is safe or useful or fun, and it is illogical

Sorry man, just... Don't go over 400 and don't do it every day , and donobe surprised if heart problems or other serious issues arise-also, say hey to the spiders for me

Ive honestly had worse experiences with lesser things. Have had seizures using cannabis. HORRIBLE hallucinations using lucy. This is honestly the first thing taking that gave me that, that hasnt screwed with me. Ironic probably. But a lot of shit in my life dont make sense. So i dont have answers lol

I guess I enjoy the "delirium" feeling. Not that my life sucks and I want to get away from it. Honestly as far as visuals, they so far have been the same as using lucy. Maybe im one of the lucky ones that got that experience haha. There is just something about it that makes me euphoric and happy. The "out of this world", "dream" feel is what gets me. But I definitely would like to learn more about it if nothing else.

You don't seem crazy in your posts, so research it yourself, and also anticholinergic abuse, as that is effectively what your doing-if done occasionally, it won't be so risky, however Qt prolongation can happen with "suggested " doses, so be aware
It is a delirium and anticholinergic, primarily- should be plenty of info- please find an alternative though, this seems D-desperate

The reason not to use DPH like that is because it will cause cognitive decline, to one degree or another, even with one high dose administration. I can't remember where I found the information - I'm too lazy to look now, it was solid enough for me to feel confident in sharing - but high dose anti-histamines and anti-cholinergics are a big no-no. Just don't.

Only one time I took high dose diphenhydramine and never again. Hated the feeling of it. I was so fucking out of it, someone would ask me a question and I would go to answer it, only to realize I'd already forgotten what the fuck they had said.

A study conducted on adult males with a history of sedative abuse found that subjects who were administered a high dose (400mg) of diphenhydramine reported a desire to take the drug again, despite also reporting negative effects, such as difficulty concentrating, confusion, tremors, and blurred vision.[77]

^ Thought that was interesting somewhat, given the circumstances-Diohenhyydramine does a lot of things, although Chronic abuse, is still a terrible idea (and didn't check the, study)

I took some Diphenhydramine in junior high, had heard from some slightly older cats that it was the bomb, blah blah. No idea how much, but based on the couple different single pill dosages I'm seeing from my search, it was a pretty far cry from 400mgs. All is remember is that this wooden end of a ceiling fan's pull chain was spinning slowly and looked like a tiny angel or something similar and was trying to communicate with me, but not in an interesting, "Oooh, I'm curious" way, plus I was so incredibly nauseous the entire time it was just about all I could do not to spew everywhere. Also recall the friend I was staying with that night repeatedly telling me how dumb an idea it was, and how he better not get in trouble if I needed medical attention.

^ Yeah friends are great like that-

Giur heart rate probably was elevated as well, as that is what dph does when misused-This post is seeming pointless-I don't care if OP claims "Amazing " experiences, they claim that they will not stop, and there is no question- What is the point of this? Would you like advice in Robotripping? Nutmeg, perhaps? ( Joking Joking) 8)

If you're not to consider delirium or any mental discomfort as a side effect, then the physical side effects include heart palpitations and urinary retention. I haven't experimented with diphenhydramine (highest dose I've taken would be 200mg) and I don't plan to, so I can't tell you the extent of these side effects, but I can't imagine diphenhydramine causing genuine cardiovascular trouble (It Does-Prolongs the QT the QT INTERVAL)but if you find yourself with severe urinary retention, you may need medical attention. The worst urinary retention I've ever experienced came after 4 days of continuous MDMA use. I took 9 250mg pills over a three day period, and 750mg of MD on the morning of the fourth day. I forget the exact details of how much water I drank, how much I passed, etc., but I remember having to hold off from taking as much as I wanted because of the severity of water retention. I began taking on fluid around my forearms and ankles, and the only reason I didn't go to the hospital is because I would have been treated with a urinary catheter, and I had some dire pilly willy and didn't want the doctor installing the catheter to think my knob was actually that small. I would have had to cave and go anyway if I didn't manage to eventually piss because urinary retention can be fatal.

Anyway, diphenhydramine is extremely non-addictive, so I would assume tolerance develops extremely slowly.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've only enjoyed diphenhydramine when i had it with DXM, but by itself it gives me so much anxiety and i feel shit. Mixed with DXM however, its like having the DPH visuals and auditory hallucinations without the crippling anxiety and fear that DPH produces alone.

If you're not to consider delirium or any mental discomfort as a side effect, then the physical side effects include heart palpitations and urinary retention. I haven't experimented with diphenhydramine (highest dose I've taken would be 200mg) and I don't plan to, so I can't tell you the extent of these side effects, but I can't imagine diphenhydramine causing genuine cardiovascular trouble,

Anyway, diphenhydramine is extremely non-addictive, so I would assume tolerance develops extremely slowly.

Diphenhydramine can prolong the QT interval, leading to a fun condition called Torsades Des Points; so yeah, it causes heart problems-not to mention Tachycardia at, uh, Sub Delirium doses?