• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

diphenhydramine, cannabis, and amphetamines mix?

nancy145

Bluelighter
Last night i got really upset and popped 250 mg of diphenhydramine even though i knew it causes bad trips 99% of the time, mostly just for the feeling of relief from popping pills. Somehow, despite my mood and the drug i was doing, i ended up having a good trip, although weak. I was also on my prescribed dose of lorazepam, 2 mg, which gets me buzzed at my tolerance. Because I had a good trip last night, and because i generally handle hallucinogens well, I figured I'd try 500 mg tonight. I don't want advice on whether or not to try it, I'm going to no matter what, I just want answers about mixing it with the other drugs I'll mention. I'm going to have a trip sitter too. Anyway, I was wondering about the safety and the feeling of combining DPH with cannabis. I also take 60 mg of adderall a day, and took 100 or 120 mg(dont remember) of lisdexamfetamine today, but dont normally. I was wondering about the safety and feeling of that too.I dont feel euphoria from amphetamines btw. I also take various other prescribed drugs (listed below) and was wondering if those could effect my safety and my trip.

drugs I take:

Abilify-5 mg
lorazepam-2 mg
lamotrigine-300 mg
effexor-187.5 mg
adderall XR- 60 mg
5-HTP-dont know dose
L-tyrosine-dont know dose
GABA (OTC mix of sleep meds/supplaments)

I know no one will probably be able to answer all of this, so just answer the parts you know. Thanks

EDIT: well, I ended up taking 450 mg and apparently had the time of my life according to people who were around me, but i dont remember much.

Last edited:
You're asking for trouble taking high doses of DPH on all those drugs. Specific interactions aside, your reckless attitude will bite you in the ass sooner or later. It's happened to most everyone.

^Agreed, you are definitely throwing in a lot of different active drugs. Its hard to know what sort of complex interactions they could have. I don't think combining something like DPH, which has serotonergic action, with your effexor (also serotonergic) AND coupled with adderal, is a good move. That's quite a number of potential CNS stimulation; I would be concerned about blood pressure and tachycardia. I think you should be pretty cautious. Why not just have the same dose as last night, if you need to have it again? At least you might be able to predict the effects...:\

nancy said:
and because i generally handle hallucinogens well

I will just say, tha's a pretty meaningless statement in regards to something like DPH. The whole nature of the full-blown deleriant experience often means you don't even really know why you are hallucinating so much, you can forget you've taken a drug... You may not even truly know that you actually are hallucinating. No amount of experience can prepare you for that, and experience on traditional hallucinogens means little for deleriants.

Not trying to lecture you, just suggesting you be very much prepared. I'm not sure you are, given your impulse decision to take the shit last night, especially given that you "know" the possible negative outcomes. Be careful out there...:)

Last edited: