• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Diphenhydramine (benadyrl) does it really prevent nausea and motionsickness

d1nach

Bluelighter
I can not fathom benadyrl reducing nausea and motion sickness 100 to 150 mg makes everything sway and me nausous. Also, high dose nicotine reverses it which is supposed to cause motionsickness and nausea. So am I just weird? I just dont understand

I use enough chewing tobacco to prob equal 2 to 4 packs a day. Is it possible my vision has adapted to supercholinergic Activity so I find the slightest cholinergic blockade nauseating like the opposite of a normal person

It can but it does not work for all.Dimenhydrinate(dramamine) tends to work better for that, but again does not always work and not for everyone.

Thats very intresting i drink like ton of coffee. So does the 8 chlorotheothylline lso reduce nausea

It's medicine, so the more appropriate thing to say would be, it can do those things. Dimhenhydrinate (Dramamine) is usually the first choice over Diphenhydramine (Benadryl) for this purpose, though they both should be fairly close in effectiveness. Dimhenhydrinate is actually just a combination of two drugs, Diphenhydramine and 8-Clorotheophylline. Theophylline in general is a stimulant with similar effect to something like Caffeine. It was originally intended to help ward off the drowsiness associated with Diphenhydramine.

I take it back I wokeup super sick dizzy and nausous dry heaving from real cough cold and it does work

I've never noticed any reduction in nausea or motion sickness from DPH. I've always found that meclizine works fairly well for this sort of thing as far as antihistamines go. For me, I think the doses needed from DPH to reach the desired effect would probably have more negative side effects than would be worth it.

^ I too have found meclizine to work well for nausea without causing sedation.
I suffer from chronic lumbar pain due to genetic malformations as well as IBD; needless to say, I am nauseas frequently and have found ondansetron (Rx) and meclizine to work best

Interesting yaaa i took 37.5mg at 11 am 75 mg at 12:30 pm finally got a few hours like 4 better than nothing then another 50mg at 6 pm. I got all kinds of side effects mostly dry mouth, photosensitivity, mydriasis, mild anxiety, mild cognitive impairment, mild sedation, mild restlessness, mild blurred vision. But sure as hell beats before i took it where it felt like i couldnt breath through my nose kept, spitting up mucus, and felt weak and my mild copd i normally cant notice was bad mucus causing me to wakeup spitting. I bet its because i started going to the gym i picked up something lol because normally im basically isolated from society.