• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

diphenhydramine alongside codeine safe/comfortable dosage?

speedo

Greenlighter
If one where to mix the two in a liquid solution, what would be an ideal proportion of DPH per 100mg or so of codeine phosphorus?

diphenhydramine increases the sedative effects of codeine which would detract from the euphoria but maybe that's the kind of thing that your looking for? its a pretty subjective question, i#d personally prefer it to be a less snoozy trip and just be blissed out.

also stumbled across similiar thread on BL (utfse blah blah) that reminded me that you should only take the DPH "after the codeine has been metabolized into morphine (aka when you're feeling the effects.) if you want added sedation. If you do it like that you will potentiate the codeine high a bit. If you take it beforehand it prevents some codeine from converting to morphine in the liver."

Imo dph is great at theraputic doses to reduce the puking sick feeling. Id say just one or two about a hour or two before. Like i took three benadyrl this morning with my meds that normally make me like regurtitate no nausea at all. Too much and youll end up in er or jail or covered in pee and sweat hiding from bats and spiders

post-31688-we-cant-stop-here-this-is-bat-JtpF.gif

Take like 50 mg of DPH and take about 66% of the codeine dose you were planning to take. Keep the DPH at 50 mg, adjust your codeine dose for more or less powerful effects.

I've only tried it with hydro but the combo was way too sedating for me. The other problem is that DPH can block the metabolism of codeine to morphine so the effect would be reduced. If you're going to combine the two I'd wait about an hour after the codeine dose and start with 25 mg.