• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Diphenhyddramine threshold dose + 40mg zolpidem?

Memantine

Bluelighter
What is a threshold dose of DPH?
Does any1 have experience with zolpidem + DPH?

Last edited:
A threshold dose of Diphenhydramine (Benadryl) is approximately 25mg. I would be very careful combining something like Diphenhydramine, which itself, is pretty unpredictable and has the potential to cause a complete break with reality, with another drug, being Zolpidem (Ambien, Stillnoct), that is perhaps even more well-known for completely fucking people's executive function.

I'm not here to give you shit brother. I think you're looking for an escape whenever you can find it. I've been in the same boat and maybe it's just a matter of experiencing these things for yourself, but eventually, even as much as I hated my life, I realized that taking a bunch of couch medicine was probably not going to make me feel any better.

As much as I really, really, really, hate to even say this, I would suggest having a few drinks to try to chill out before embarking on this sort of behavior. Case in point, this isn't really a "taste", this is a recipe for potential disaster.

Diphenhydramine has zero abuse potential by itself.

Some research in rats suggests it may shift the dose in which a rat will self administer of cocaine, amphetamine, and opiates to the left. However, without any real difference at higher doses of cocaine and amphetamine.

However, this is unlikely to occur and if you take too much it strongly inhibits the rats ability to learn and associate cocaine and amphetamine with reward. And some evidence strongly suggests that muscarinic acetylcholine receptors play a important role in reward which diphenhydramine blocks at high doses.

In other words very very high doses of dph in rats given IV alone do cause brief increases in dopamine in the nucleus accumbens shell which is associated with reward. However only at extremely toxic doses that can cause death and the change is only a few minutes.

Doses in the theraputic range blocks histamine receptors and histamine knock out rats may have a enhanced sensitivity to cocaine amphetamine and opiates as well as experience more analgesic effects from opiates.

Doses in the higher end of theraputic may block some of the mACh which may increase sensitivity to amphetamine and cocaine ability to trigger stereotyped behavior.

Doses well above theraputic is likely to cause dysphoria hallucinations and cause dangerous arthymias.

Basically, I am by no means saying taking benadyrl is dumb I take it everyday. However, I strongly recommend you reconsider not doing it in the manner you plan because I don't see how the benefits could outweigh the expected negatives and risk ESP combined with zolpidem .