• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dimenhydrinate (Dramamine) before psychedelics?

Vaki

Greenlighter
So I have a very weak stomach and I get dizzy really easy. I get sick and needing to puke when I'm in a car, on a boat, on a bus etc... To avoid nausea I have on multiple occasions taken dramamine with excellent results! I'm fairly new to psychedelics and every time I take them there's always some nausea ranging from almost non existing to vomiting (rarely).

I thought that taking dramamine before taking drugs would take away the nausea (probably) but what really concerns me are the potential dangers and the fact that maybe the effects of the drugs will not be as strong. I'm mainly interested to know about lsd, dmt and mdma.

Dramamine always causes sleepiness and mild dehydration for me. I'm also aware that dimenhydrinate in larger doses causes delirium and I definetly don't want that when I'm already tripping.

So is 50mg of Dimenhydrinate harmful or do they affect the drug experience in anyway (other than possible sleepiness)?

Also note that I'm fairly lightweight 45kg (~100lbs I think)

Thanks in advance :D

That's the way to do it!

I always take cyclizine or promethazine before a trip (unless it's LSD or DOM) as a precautionary measure.

Any strong antihistamine is great for body load/nausea and it won't affect the quality of the trip at all, provided you take a normal dose.

I'm pretty sure that it doesn't affect nausea of all forms, although I could be wrong. I think you'd do better with compounds actually meant for nausea as a whole. Ginger might help also, but I know there's super easy to get pharmaceuticals that are anti-nausea which I would try instead.

I'm pretty sure that it doesn't affect nausea of all forms, although I could be wrong. I think you'd do better with compounds actually meant for nausea as a whole. Ginger might help also, but I know there's super easy to get pharmaceuticals that are anti-nausea which I would try instead.
You'd be surprised at how much strong antihistamines help with psychedelic body load.
Ondansetron and other 5HT3 antagonist antiemetics are also highly effective.

Any strong antihistamine is great for body load/nausea and it won't affect the quality of the trip at all, provided you take a normal dose.

You cannot generalize that. I personally get super sedated and lethargic by 50mg Diphenhydramine and would never ever take it before tripping because it would ruin the whole experience.
With OP being fairly lightweight this could be an issue. I'd try to eat less before ingesting the psychs like it is normally advised or try to get something else which does not fuck you up in such an unpleasant way as some anthistamines do.

Thanks everyone for your answers. I guess I will give it a try since Diphenhydramine doesn't cause any health issues

You cannot generalize that. I personally get super sedated and lethargic by 50mg Diphenhydramine and would never ever take it before tripping because it would ruin the whole experience.
With OP being fairly lightweight this could be an issue. I'd try to eat less before ingesting the psychs like it is normally advised or try to get something else which does not fuck you up in such an unpleasant way as some anthistamines do.
MANY people take antihistamines before tripping. They are very effective for body load and nausea. Sorry but if you've never done this before then you're in no position to say how it affects a trip.

And like I said, serotonergic antiemetics also work well... these are non-drowsy.

To be honest though, I find cyclizine more useful than ondansetron as an ancillary drug, which leads me to believe that a lot of the unpleasant physical side effects of psychedelic drugs are histamine-related (take the increased mucus production for example).