• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Dilaudid

Demize

Greenlighter
Hi, new user so I hope I'm within protocol making a new thread. So I've been on methadone maintenance for 25 years give or take, currently on 2mg,same dose for many years after tapering. I got a bunch of Perdue 4mg dilaudid. And can't get off. I get high, but no rush. And I used to love these when I was active. I'm so rusty with iv technique, and shaky, but definately am registering and hitting, no lump no pain. But I just don't get that rush I remember so fondly. I even tried plugging and nada. Had a pal try get me off, nada. What am I doing wrong here. My opioid tolerance is very low and have gotten a nice high from eating 6 oxycodone 5mg, histamine reaction, nice buzz. But dilaudid I get nothing

Have u tried going as long as u can without the methadone (3 days or so) then trying?

I have a similar methadone dependency and got rocked by 4 mg of IV dilaided a while back so not sure why it doesn't work for you.

Yeah, sounds like a tolerance issue. Even if you're on a low dose, methadone will still raise your tolerance a lot. If you've been on it 25 years you def don't have a low tolerance.

I iv'd a 4mg again and no rush but high, about an hour later I plugged another 4mg and got the most unpleasant high, hot flashy, dizzyish. Again no rush. My pal whose on 80mg methadone daily for roughly the same time length is getting a serious bang on each 4 mg so it has to be some internal issue which is leaving me baffled. I'll leave this up to see if any old timers have seen this before. Thanks for the rp's.

Last edited:
I iv'd a 4mg again and no rush but high, about an hour later I plugged another 4mg and got the most unpleasant high, hot flashy, dizzyish. Again no rush. My pal whose on 80mg methadone daily for roughly the same time length is getting a serious bang on each 4 mg so it has to be some internal issue which is leaving me baffled. I'll leave this up to see if any old timers have seen this before. Thanks for the rp's.
Yeah man it might be something different with how your body metabolizes shit. That's my best guess.

100% the problem is the methadone. your buddy is just lucky in the way he metabolizes hydromorphone.

100% the problem is the methadone. your buddy is just lucky in the way he metabolizes hydromorphone.
But it's not metabolism because this is an IV hit and the parent drug hydromorphone is doing the work instantly.

I'd say it's more about his genetic opipid receptor profile (they have genetic testing for this)....than metabolism of the drug which happens way after IV administration

But it's not metabolism because this is an IV hit and the parent drug hydromorphone is doing the work instantly.

I'd say it's more about his genetic opipid receptor profile (they have genetic testing for this)....than metabolism of the drug which happens way after IV administration
--- but he describes previously having the standard rush experience from IV hydromorphone, which is where his frustration is coming from -- my take was more that just long term saturation and downregulation from daily methadone for two decades would put anyone in a position to have a much worse experience than they did two decades prior, likely not habituated to methadone. Even if the dose is low now, the history is more the issue IMO. if it were genetic, he would have had problems even initially.

--- but he describes previously having the standard rush experience from IV hydromorphone, which is where his frustration is coming from -- my take was more that just long term saturation and downregulation from daily methadone for two decades would put anyone in a position to have a much worse experience than they did two decades prior, likely not habituated to methadone. Even if the dose is low now, the history is more the issue IMO. if it were genetic, he would have had problems even initially.
Good point. It's likely some major up/downregulation of opioid receptors from Years of methadone that his friend isn't as prone to...so for sure the methadone is involved but due to genetics their opioid receptors are unregulated/downregulated differently.

But metabolism happens way after an IV rush...the hydro giving the IV rush hasn't even touched the liver yet to get metabolized

BTW I want to abuse drugs right now for fuckinf up in a videogame....I'm doomed man I'm such an addict

80mg of Methadone will block the euphoric rush of Dilaudid no question

30mg starts to block the euphoric rush of other opioids

I really wish the DN would offer the injectable solution of Hydro. Always wanted to IV hydro and feel the rush that is supposed to be unique among opioids, but all they offer are those damn pills. Don't they realize that they could make a shitload of money off selling injectable HM solutions? I'd pay a lot to get my hands on that stuff 😫

Hi lads thanks for all the replies. So an update. I iv'd and definitely felt the old rush and it was marvelous. So the only part of this equation is technique. My left arm is ruined from reusing dull works and the usual 20 years ago, my right arm, I'm a righty is good. However I have a sleeve tattoo and extremely shaky hands. I'm using a leur lock 1ml syringe with a 1/2 " needle which is making it that much harder to register without a vaccum. Reason is using a micron wheel filter. I'm going to try an insulin rig with a shorter barrel and nib and see how that goes as far as consistancy. Just wanted to update the board and thank all for the input. PS now getting the white M/4 so I'll search the board for any difference in extraction method.