• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Dilaudid Withdrawls?

TheScribe

Greenlighter
First of all, hello. I'm almost 44 years old and pretty healthy. I'm having a hard time concentrating but I'm going to do the best I can to get my thoughts down to get the bests info I can.

I've been on self prescribed Testosterone for about 2 years. Low dose just to keep me within normal limits. Also been on low dose HGH for about the same. 1iu/day 5 days on 2 days off. A few months ago, I upped the GH dose to 4 ius eod. About 4 years ago I started taking Tramadol at about 200mg/day everyday. I recently stopped that. I've also been using Kratom for about 2 years at about 20grams per day. Sometimes a bit more sometimes less depending on how my day goes. Before I started using tramadol, a friend let me try a 30mg morphine and it didn't do much. Lortabs don't do much of anything at all for me either. And that was before I even started the tramadol or Kratom. I had forgotten that Kratom has an antagonistic effect with opiates. Last week, I'd purchased a handful of 2mg dilaudids to see if they would do anything. Like an idiot, I didn't do any research or ask anyone about the issues that may come along with them beforehand. So, I took 1/2 of 1 to test.. Nothing. Took the other half and still nothing. Took another and felt a bit odd. Hard to explain the feeling though. Not the next day but the 2nd day I took another 1 and didn't do much of anything again. The next day I took 1 and about an hour afterward, I started having a panic attack. I called EMS and was transported to the hospital. BP was elevated and my EKG was abnormal. I was also a bit dehydrated. They didn't think much of anything except the dehydration so they gave me 1.5L of saline and released me. Next day I was ok but not normal by any means. Day after that, I was worse. Anxiety like crazy and having a hard time with my blood sugar. I've never had that problem, EVER. And when I say problems, I mean like feeling like if I didn't eat I was going to die. Literally. Scariest feeling of my life. I've since read that some people have that issue after Dilaudid use. Am I having withdrawal symptoms? Is this normal?
They didn't give me anything but I didn't expect them to either. From what I have read also, this will probably pass but it freaking sucks ass! Is there anything I can do to keep this under control? My gf actually works at the hospital I was taken to and we were scheduled to be on vacation right now. She has had the whole time off work to help me but goes back to work tomorrow and I'm a little concerned about being by myself. As I said, this is not normal for me and I'm a bit freaked out. I'm trying to stay hydrated but I'm wondering if I should see a GP and go over everything. also wondering if he will send me to an endocrinologist to check my BS issues. Every few days I would have issues with hydration. I would piss constantly for a day and then be fine for a few after. I feel like I'm freaking falling apart.
The one thing I am also worried about is that since other opiates don't do much for me, what if something actually serious occurs and I need them? I've read that anxiety can be a serious side effect of dilaudid, as well as a few others. And since it's not good to be given benzos with them, I'm really hoping I NEVER need them. Suffice to say that I'll NEVER touch this shit again. I honestly don't know how others do it. I completely understand how hard it can be now. I have a new found respect for those who are having such a hard time coming off of things. And speaking of benzos, since it's been almost a week since I've had any opiate in my system, could I take a benzo to calm my nerves? I'm wondering if my anxiety is throwing my metabolism into overdrive which is why my BS is so hard to control. But I don't want to start taking something else that I'll have issues with. This whole thing just blows! I didn't know what I was doing to myself until all of this hit me like a ton of bricks. But after this shit is over, I'm living life completely different. No more living like I'm indestructible.
Please feel free to ask questions. As I said, I'm in a fog right now but could use some reasurance that I'm at least going to get back to some level of normal.
Thank you and sorry for the long read.

I don't know much about Dilaudid, so I can't answer your question, hope you start feeling better soon though, anxiety is killer. But getting worked up about it makes it worse, so I just lie down and relax to a meditative state. I know it's bloody hard, but I've got used to the symptoms now so I try real hard not to get worked up if it hits me.