• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Dilaudid question

qandas

Greenlighter
Is crushing a dilaudid, pouring the powder into the barrel of a syringe, and then drawing water into the syringe the best way to prepare a pill for IV use? (4 MG not ER)

Many years ago (1980s) I fixed 4 grain dilaudid like this. I've been away from drug use for some decades but fell into a few 4 mg dilaudid (P-4) and was thinking of shooting them - just want to make sure nothing has changed.

Thanks.

no. backload it into a syringe with a leur lock screwed in. Let it dissolves and then slowly push it through the filter into the back of the insulin syringe you’re gonna shoot with.

No, please don't backload. You will be injecting all of the bill binders, talc, etc. It's all very harmful to your cardiovascular system and will very quickly damage your veins.

There is no way they could inject using a backloaded insulin needle anyway.

Dilaudid is a relatively worry-free pill to inject. Crush up, dump in the spoon, add 75 units, stir, filter through cotton, blast off.

I understand practicality, and not giving a shit about your health because fuck it you're already shooting heroin anyway... but it's much safer if you micron filter. Simple cotton filters still leave a lot of nice large particles that get injected with everything else. Please use micron filters, they'll save you a lot of trouble down the road.

Yeah, micron filters are ideal, but at the very least you should use the cotton swab technique mentioned by jackie jones. Backloading’s risky as hell.

I understand practicality, and not giving a shit about your health because fuck it you're already shooting heroin anyway... but it's much safer if you micron filter. Simple cotton filters still leave a lot of nice large particles that get injected with everything else. Please use micron filters, they'll save you a lot of trouble down the road.
Thank you, Beavis.

You are right though. I was just saying in the spectrum of pills, Dilaudid will likely do the least harm when injected.

There is no way they could inject using a backloaded insulin needle anyway.

Dilaudid is a relatively worry-free pill to inject. Crush up, dump in the spoon, add 75 units, stir, filter through cotton, blast off.

Why whats different about Dilaudid pills compared to say Oxy IR (roxis etc) pills?

Thanks everyone. Not looking for a recommendation per se but how would I search for a micron filter to buy? Is this a pharmacy item? Like I said in the OP, I haven't injected drugs since the 80s.

I would say draw a little water into the syringe before adding any pill or it won't dissolve properly and the pill will stick together and it'll be ruined after adding the pill you might not be able to push the unger all the way to fix this put the syringe in boiling water for like 2 minutes n youll ne able to press it in all the way

Thanks everyone. Not looking for a recommendation per se but how would I search for a micron filter to buy? Is this a pharmacy item? Like I said in the OP, I haven't injected drugs since the 80s.
gpzmedlab.com

Why whats different about Dilaudid pills compared to say Oxy IR (roxis etc) pills?

OXY IR

The 15 and 30 mg tablets contain the following inactive ingredients: microcrystalline cellulose; sodium starch glycolate; corn starch; lactose; stearic acid; D&C Yellow No. 10 (15 mg tablet); and FD&C Blue No. 2 (15 mg and 30 mg tablets).

Dilaudid

D&C red #30 Lake dye, D&C yellow #10 Lake dye, lactose, magnesium stearate, sodium metabisulfite (2mg)

D&C yellow #10 Lake dye, lactose, magnesium stearate, sodium metabisulfite (4mg)

Lactose anhydrous, magnesium stearate, sodium metabisulfite (8mg)

Last edited:
lower the number, more filtration.

that doesn’t mean you should buy the tightest filter possible. pills will clog a tight filter. you can start with a larger pore size filter and go down in steps if you wanna hit the ideal of .2ug. diameter of the filter affects both how much the filter can take before clogging and how much drug is lost to the filter (not much).

the filters in that link are crazy expensive. you can find name brand, quality filters for a fraction of that price.

Last edited: