• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Dilaudid/Hydromorphone Help

DerDiebKommt

Bluelighter
Hi everyone.

I'm about to get my hands on 4 8mg Dilaudids. My only opiate experience is with Codeine and Oxycodone. Through some research I've found out Hydromorphone is 50x stronger than Codeine, 5x stronger than oral Morphine, about 3 1/3x stronger than Oxycodone, about 1 2/3x stronger than IV Morphine, and surprisingly a little stronger than Heroin (1 1/10x).

I've only done Codeine once, and I forget the dose because it was such a long time ago. Recently I've been trying out Oxycodone in Percocets and OxyContin OPs. My largest dose with Percocets was 15mg. With the OxyContin OPs my largest dose was around 45mg, which sadly led to a minor overdose (skin flushing, blurry vision, memory loss, almost fainted, didn't go to the hospital) because of me being absolutely puzzled about the OP Extended Release formation, after that I did good with 30mgs of the OxyContins.

I don't frequently use opiates because of the horror stories I've heard. I'm not at all prone to psychological addiction it seems like because I've tried so many drugs and kept using them without thinking I need them. But I'm not looking to become physically addicted, so I try to keep my opiate use to once or twice a week, rarely three times, and I've been good doing this and have been able to stop whenever I've wanted to.

But, due to the fact that I can get these Dilaudid 8mgs for cheaper than the OxyContins, which are weaker. In fact the price I'm getting for my Opiates is UNBELIEVABLY cheap, I wish I could tell you all the price but can't due to Bluelight's rules.

Anyways now that you all know my tolerance, and how I'm giving my 110% to not come near physical addiction, here are my questions:
What is a good dose to start with?
Would it be better to snort them or just swallow them? No, I'm not going to shoot or plug anything.
What's the big difference between Hydromorphone and Oxycodone?
Do most people prefer these or Heroin due to the potency?
Would you say these are actually more dangerous than Heroin?

Thanks for any help you can give.

I have no experience with diluadid. But theyre best IVin or plugging if recreationally used. If your only going to either swallow or snort, snorting would be best. Starting dosage, id snort 4mg wait and if thats not in your opinion enough, snort other half.
Difference probably would half life and potentcy, like I said im not experienced in these so someone else will be more specific for you

Most people would probably prefer heroin.

I wouldnt say more dangerous, they have the potential to be but with heroin you dont know what your getting all the time and fent is popping up in boi too, has been so old news just a point

not sure about w/ oxy but w/ heroin there is NOT a big cross-tolerance surprisingly enough. I was shooting ~a gram a day of pretty good quality dope, took 12 days off when I moved across the country before finding another opiate connect and at that time 2mg IV dilaudid blew me out of the water. IMO though it isn't worth shit unless it's IV'd ...any other ROA (oral and intranasal at least) it is supposedly quite weak. w/in 6 months I'd gone from that 2mg/day to 48-64mg/day so of course tolerance builds fast, I've always been dependent though. as w/ starting any new drug -- low and slow is the way to go. IV hydromorphone has a rush that pretty much beats heroin all around, but the actual high is not as euphoric (still euphoric though) and obviously not as long lasting, but other ROAs the rush is none to speak of in the least, so you're not missing anything taking it slow. you will find it more sedating/"noddy" than oxy.
wish I could be of more direct help RE dosage but I don't have experience w/ other ROAs than IV.

Difference probably would half life and potentcy, like I said im not experienced in these so someone else will be more specific for you

If I'm not wrong then the half life of Heroin is about 30 minutes compared to the Hydromorphone half life being 2 1/2 hours. Also, Hydromorphone is more potent then Heroin by a very small bit, only like a tenth.

IMO though it isn't worth shit unless it's IV'd ...any other ROA (oral and intranasal at least) it is supposedly quite weak.

Do you only say this because you've only IVed, or have other people told you who have not IVed? I'd think you would be biased on the ROA as you've only IVed.

If I'm not wrong then the half life of Heroin is about 30 minutes compared to the Hydromorphone half life being 2 1/2 hours. Also, Hydromorphone is more potent then Heroin by a very small bit, only like a tenth.

Do you only say this because you've only IVed, or have other people told you who have not IVed? I'd think you would be biased on the ROA as you've only IVed.

Wow really? I thought heroin half life was around 5-6 hours and didnt know dillies are even a tad bit stronger, thanks for the information brother

I've only IV'd. just going on what every dilaudid user I've ever met has to say about it, in several cases the fact that hydromorphone felt like "practically nothing" snorted spurred the user to start IVing ...one person OD'd and ended up in the hospital trying to IV to close to the amount they snorted the first time doing it that route. according to my knowledge the reason that dilaudid is so widely prescribed these days (at least in my area of FL) is because it is generally considered by doctors to have "lower abuse potential" because it is hard to get a good high from oral or intranasal use ...they don't realize they've created an entire populous of needle fiends who would otherwise never have started shooting up had dilaudid not been pretty much the most widely available opiate on the market. what can you do.
this is pretty "common knowledge" amongst junkies in my area of the country -- dilaudid isn't worth shit unless it's in a rig. maybe everybody's mistaken but it seems to be the general consensus even among people who've experienced a wide variety of ROAs. hydromorphone BA is ~30% oral and ~50% intranasal, 99-100% IV. it has been described as much less euphoric by non IV ROAs even when dosed relative to BA.

ETA: dilaudid and heroin technically/supposedly have the same half life -- ~3hrs. however I will tell you from experience that heroin keeps you well a hell of a lot a longer and w/ comparable tolerance in my experience the high always seems to last a bit longer. at the beginning a hydromorphone high will last as long as the average heroin high, but once you have a big tolerance the effects seem to wear off more quickly, whereas for me personally even as my tolerance to H increased the duration of the drug's euphoric and sedating effects were not hugely affected, just the intensity.

Last edited:
Oh, well that's making me rethink my switch from Oxycodone to Hydromorphone.
But, then again a lot of people told me there was no recreational value to the OxyContin OP formulation, which worked perfectly fine for me.
Then again I've heard an 8mg Dilaudid feels like a 20mg Oxycodone (instant release) taken orally. So, I don't really know what to believe.

So, if you could get the two for the same price what would you get:
4 8mg Dilaudids OR 1 80mg OP Oxycontin (extended release)?

Thanks.

get the 80 ocp its safer 4 dilated will kill you i take a day and 16 blues 30 mg ir oxi a day 420 a monthe dilated 240 a month xanax bars aday 16mg 3 somas a day 120 2 adderall 60 mg a day i have cancer and dying im a drig counsel,or i was on all this but instaed of the oill hydrmorpone 6mg every 2.5 hours iv with all what i mentioned a pharmacist made my med scedule to this and you cant tell that i even took a lethal dose 96 reg perc 5s a day plus 64 mg of dilsated 16 mg of xanax 60 mg og adderal and 3 soma i take 4 dilated 5 oxi 6 xanax and 3 somas at once a few time s day and adderal for addhd in morning to wake up unwind and take jack simpson oil ,hemp oil because my sytoms reversed i was suppose to die 3 weeks ago i already had my farewell party told my sone but its coming it takes a few months to hit my liver then its fentanly but demerol 100 mg is good and oxymorphone i migh change either the dilated or oxi the oxy you can measre 5 blues is 30 percocet 5s and that used to be my dose for 2 days so imm sticking with my 420 oxi a month but dilated or oxymorphone same numer 240 1 every 3 hours or demeral 100 opena is good to but oxi is the the best one out there if you cvompare it to a regular perc everyone has had one and gotten spun on a per or percodan back then with asprin but the blues that they sell in mexico now americdan brand its whit with initials i looked it up american company went bank rupt algadanes has 30 oxi ir nogales to $25 in nogi $20 in algadone but im positive im dying uliutametly to my addiction to pills it was a viscious circle at 47 with a 10 year old son that came to say good by but i did a 360 but he would sleep with me he was afraid he would wake up me dead so live this life keep using opiates and guys by the way im dying and im in pain and still feel like a hypocrit but ffuck it if i have to leave me sone im going out hopefully more comfortablew then even the above i want a nitrous tank that is the best way with your meds im in bad pain but the oil dropped my tumor skin blood pockets out my rectum i put jack simpson oil in my rectam its topical and it even has gotten better and tumor is dying i just hope it catxc hes upo with the lyphh node hedaeded to my liver

Uh, what? - Keif

Last edited by a moderator:
OD - > BDD

@OP, please read the OD posting standards before posting next time.

8mg dilaudid taken orally 3x a day gave me a nice buzz for a year. But if you push your limits occasionally your tolerance goes up quite a bit so not sure. In my experience dilaudid and oxy were close to equal. But I could have taken lots more so I wasn't pushing that euphoria threshold. But what I felt and pain relief was the same. I was plugging both which makes both seem at least twice as strong as oral for me. It doesn't sound very appealing but if you get set up right and are a clean person it's really not bad and you don't have to shove anything inside yourself. But if other methods work probably should stick with them.

I will say I've had IV dilaudid in the hospital and nothing has ever come remotely close to that. If I had the balls I might have tried it but it will basically ruin any other ROA as nothing will come close.

Dilaudid works best IV however that's pretty inconvient and unnecessary for results. Your best option is to plug or snort. Oral is a waste. Since its sick a small dose snorting is relatively easy. Also smoking with a straw and some tin foil might yield some fun results. And remember all "100x stronger than X opiate" just means it's more potent and active in smaller doses, not nessesarily more dangerous if you're not an idiot.

Also, the only difference is heroin has more lega, I.E more of a nod/high after the rush when IVing, Dilaudid is all about the rush, easily the most intense rush out of all opiates, that's why most people say to IV. Diladid is a lot more simple than it seems.

IV dilly is the only way to go, but it will also steal your life from you fast due to the short half life and redosing needs. It's the crack of opiate for a reason although I think it's more true for non patch fentanyl.

I would get the 4 dillies and snort 4mg to start and see where it goes and snort 8mg next time. I'm an iv dilaudid user. I had to go to the ER a lot for my chronic pain and that push of dilaudid was so wonderful. When I was prescribed dilaudid by the pain clinic I took them orally as prescribed then saw the BS's of dilaudid and oral was so low. So I started snorting them and like you my tolerance was low and it had some nice effects then last fall it occurred to me I could have same rush as ER at home. I built the mental strength over the fear and did it. Took a few times cause of my inexperience but my goodness when my first shot worked it was orgasmic. I'm not suggesting you iv. It's very dangerous and shit. Just reporting my experience. Ultimately it was a bad decision cause it wrecked my tolerance. I'm now shooting around 60mg a day which wrecks my pill count and I run out. It's extremley difficult to pull back and even snort just one to catch up. I'm very dependent or addicted to the shot. But yeah buy the dilaudid and start with 4 up the honker and you may get something. Good luck

I have a question and this seems to be appropriate place. I can't seem to get a rush. I'm registering fine and everything but I just got my monthly supply and shot what I had been and nothing so I raised it 4mg. Still nothing but a small chest rush and a very hard nod. I don't mind the nod but I want the rush. This happened last month. Nothing for awhile then boom it was back. Is it a tolerance thing or my technique. Only thing I can think of is I push it in fast. Should I slow down and let the drug settle? Maybe I'm overloading my vein with it shooting so fast. It just sucks with all the prep and a beautiful register and nothing. I try to give as long a time as I can between shots. Maybe that doest to matter. I'm still a novice and I realize this more of an iv situation and maybe the wrong thread to post so I apologize. If anyone can help me please feel free to message me or whatever. Good luckOP

I've had liquid dilaudid in hospital into a port. If you push slow you will never get that rush. You need to mash it in one shot so it all gets carried up that vein together and hits your brain all at once like a bag of rocks.

Only time I got that rush where it's like someone is on your chest and you can't breath in, is when it was pushed in an instant. Even pushed over ten seconds was too much. Felt nice and blasted but not the rush.

But other than that I'm not an IV user so take with a grain of salt.

I've had liquid dilaudid in hospital into a port. If you push slow you will never get that rush. You need to mash it in one shot so it all gets carried up that vein together and hits your brain all at once like a bag of rocks.

Only time I got that rush where it's like someone is on your chest and you can't breath in, is when it was pushed in an instant. Even pushed over ten seconds was too much. Felt nice and blasted but not the rush.

But other than that I'm not an IV user so take with a grain of salt.

Oh jeez, dont do this..
Intrasal hydro has good b.a. and fast onset, it's the way to go for a novice.

hopeless

Yeah I should have mentioned that was only 1 mg and I was in a hospital and it was done by a nurse.

But he said he was already mashing it which is what it seems like most dilaudid users are after is that initial intense rush. A better option is probably to try and cut back your frequency and it will probably start coming back.

But I think probably 90% of what's on this site could be summed up with, oh geez, don't do that. No disrespect intended, just the nature of the beast.

I gotcha and thanks for the input. See, this morning I had a great one. I'm cutting back for sure. 2 times a day instead of 3. It will give me longer duration between shots. If I continue to not get a rush I'll stop and just pop um as prescribed for awhile until I feel I'm ready to resume. Most would say don't resume, take as prescribed but my life is so shitty I need that to look forward to. I guess ya gotta live to understand. Again, thanks man

I think most of us understand. Just realize it can take a lot of time from you if you start chasing that high and get heavily addicted. Which takes even more time from you if you try to get clean and even then some people never make it back to normal like before they started.

It's always best to do it as little as possible so the tolerance and addiction doesn't grow so fast. But that's always easier said than done.

It sure is man, it sure is. I'm using dxm to kill my cravings for the dilaudid. Keep me on a better oral schedule. Maybe every once in awhile I'll shoot but the dxm works great at cutting down cravings. It just really sucks cause for first time in my life I found the rush. Whatever that may be to whoever mine was dilaudid iv. But it's like anything else, it's just a thing. Things can be picked up and put down. I'll put down the needle and pick back up my guitar or something. Thanks yall

So oral 8mg Dilaudid worked fine for me, but I did expect it to last longer, but it only lasted 100 minutes and I'm still sort of feeling a little of it now, it's been about 2 hour since I popped. I actually find it much better than Oxycodone but the high is very different, I plan on snorting some soon.

Another question though, how long should I wait before my next dose? I'm either going to pop another 8mg or snort 4mg. Thanks.