• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

RCs Dilaudid first time...

starlett7

Bluelighter
So my friend had a couple dilaudid 4mg pills and I was curious to try it. I split two pills with a friend so I guess I had about 1 pill to myself. This was about 3.5 hours ago so if this post sounds a little retarded it's because I'm still not back to normal lol.
At first it felt okay then got too intense then I started feeling nauseas and that lasted for about an hour where I felt on the verge of puking numerous times. I am still getting small waves of nausea especially when i keep my eyes open. Im also feeling very shakey and my teeth are chattering a bit.
I actually feel like I was just up all night with the flu or something :S

I'm wondering how long this will last and will I be okay tomorrow? I have work in the afternoon. Also, is it normal to feel sick for so long on these things and to feel shakey and weak?

Thanks guys!

Opiates 101: At first sign of nausea sit or preferably lay down. This is the difference in happy good opiate time and miserable sick opiate time. If still nausea when stable try cooling off your environment via fan or move to a room with air conditioning. If nausea persists to the point you feel you have to fight back urge to vomit then stop fighting and go vomit. You will feel MUCH better for having done so.

Yes, its normal to feel weak and sick for so long until you do something about it. Once you do the above you should notice negative effects subsiding and may wake in morning slightly queasy but just take it easy, eat something filing in the morning and you will be fine for work.

Try a couple of hydrocodone next time and work your way up to dillies if they effect you this much. Ive never had anything like that from a single dilaudid but I know many people who are sensitive to opiates and even know one guy who cant even take codeine without getting sick. Dont sweat it too much. Just lay down and puke if you need to and all will right itself soon.

Good luck

Yea there's always nausea associated with opiates, usually. I have a friend who does blues (roxis) a lot and he is constantly throwing up lol.. We'll be driving in my car and he just says "pull over!!" and he throws the door open and spews. He's a seasoned oxy user, not an addict, yet he still throws up all the time when he does them.

First, why is this labeled as RC's

Second: nausea is normal with opiates, esp if you take more than you should. Get some fresh air, drink plenty of water and lay down if that helps (you). I wouldn't expect this to be an issue for that much longer, really. Next tims, take less, or something weaker, maybe a different opiate variety (not the word I was looking for) like percocet or low dose OC or OXY IR.

or puke and settle into the warmth. Freaking out will only ruin the whole experience as will frantically searching for advice after the fact. Use the resources available here and be safe but enjoy the high. Whenever I took to many D's I puked and then went into a happy place. No worries. Plus it wears off much quicker than most other opiates.

I remember the first few times I did hydromorphone and got sickness, (only puked once)
just puke and enjoy it, if its too intense try a weaker opiate because dilaudid isnt a joke lol ,
I started right off the bat with dilaudids and oxys and it was a rough start for my stomach to adjust to opiates.

So in other words, you'll be fine.. Im guessing you sniffed it and not injected, I myself dont IV either and the next day after dilaudid is never terrible even those first few times I felt sick.

I didn't know what it was and I was all fucked
up so I just picked RCs lol.
Yeah I sniffed it. My friends who are more familiar with this stuff said one would be good and less than that wouldnt do anything so I figured they knew what they were talking about. Everyone is different though.
I felt so close to puking so many times and it just wouldn't come out!! After like 2 hours I finally puked and I still felt queasy but a lot better. It felt like after you have the flu when you spend the night puking and at the end your all relaxed and relieved that it's over.
I actually convinced myself I got food poisoning cuz of how shity I felt for so long. Other than that once it started wearing off I felt pretty relaxed and good. I didn't post on here cuz I was freaking out, I was just curious if what I was experiencing was normal/how long it would last.

Thanks for the input everyone!

sounds like the first time I ever tried any opiates. I was sick as a dog but I really OD'd pretty bad. I very huge lines of oxy80's thinking it was cocaine. I was puking at the bowl for about 8 hours. *I was LOADED drunk tho*

I remember then trying Dilaudids and yeah, same story as you but I didnt try puking. I just rather felt nauseated on and off knowing it was just my tolerance being weak.
Glad to hear your ok , it can be scary when you do drugs your not aware of lol like the first time I was on oxy dying in a bathroom lol but hey, live and learn right!

next time just go slow , opiates effect everyone differently!

Sounds like the shaking is a cause of anxiety, i get it on certain opiates sometimes little panic attacks where i feel pretty normal and not anxious

starlett, I would take this experience as a good reason to never mess with diluadid or opiods period again.
(I wish they would've made me puke like that way way back when I first tried them- would've saved me a lot of pain in life)

starlett, I would take this experience as a good reason to never mess with diluadid or opiods period again.
(I wish they would've made me puke like that way way back when I first tried them- would've saved me a lot of pain in life)
That would be stupid to never mess opiates again just dont get addicted

I have 4mg Diladas and can't feel any pain relief by taking them orally, nor snorting either powder or liquid form. I only feel relief if it is used introviniously and I'm having issues finding veins to inject, I have wasted so many by not being able to find a viable injection spot, then I just swallow the medicine. I do not feel relief from orally taking this, I wish I could find a good spot, research has mentioned the vein by your thumb at hour wrist, um this is where u take your pulse isn't that an artery? Isn't artery injection dangerous?
Appreciate any replies, thanks in advance.

^ you know your just looking for a rush and thats the only reason why dont lie to yourself

^^How do you know? I don't think they work orally either. They are crap orally (for me), even 8mg.

^^How do you know? I don't think they work orally either. They are crap orally (for me), even 8mg.
You will feel them if you take enough or snort enough intravaneous just lets more of the drug get in your brain it doesnt let it help pain more than just snorting or something.

actually, the Bio-availability will almost always be higher with IV (100%) im not condoning shooting of pills, cuz its pretty much just stupid, unless u have a micron filter. but it will have a stronger effect, both on pain and in euphoria, because more of the drug is absorbed and used by the body. im pretty sure this is especially true for dillaudid because the oral BA is quite low if i recall correctly.. also snorted is only slightly better. if u have Oxy it doesnt really make any sense to shoot them cuz oral BA is like 94% and snorted is around 85%

So my friend had a couple dilaudid 4mg pills and I was curious to try it. I split two pills with a friend so I guess I had about 1 pill to myself. This was about 3.5 hours ago so if this post sounds a little retarded it's because I'm still not back to normal lol.
At first it felt okay then got too intense then I started feeling nauseas and that lasted for about an hour where I felt on the verge of puking numerous times. I am still getting small waves of nausea especially when i keep my eyes open. Im also feeling very shakey and my teeth are chattering a bit.
I actually feel like I was just up all night with the flu or something :S

I'm wondering how long this will last and will I be okay tomorrow? I have work in the afternoon. Also, is it normal to feel sick for so long on these things and to feel shakey and weak?

Thanks guys!

Damn dude, dilaudids are no freakin' joke! Those are some serious opiates and particularly if you don't have any tolerance. It shouldn't surprise anyone you got nauseous, your body was trying to tell you you may have fucked up and taken too much. Your body just wanted to get rid of it to try and protect you. Please be a little safer in the future. At least you had some buddies around in case the shit really hit the fan.

Call me crazy, but this was a three year old thread... Right? Regardless, props to hydromorph, who speaks the truth.

Personally, I never have bad side effects from opiates unless I take quite a bit too much and the line there dividing an appropriate dose from excessive is a thin line...a thin red line so you can see it pretty good, but it's still possible to take too much and not know until it's too late.
You won't die unless you OD grossly, but you can have a uncomfortable time, paradoxically.

Let it be a lesson to you OP, don't fuck with opiates for recreational use....curiousity can quickly turn into, craving, craving into needing, and needing into misery.
You've been warned OP now liver your life however you wish!!! My liability is right around 0% because, op, bro, YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!

Personally, I never have bad side effects from opiates unless I take quite a bit too much and the line there dividing an appropriate dose from excessive is a thin line...a thin red line so you can see it pretty good, but it's still possible to take too much and not know until it's too late.
You won't die unless you OD grossly, but you can have a uncomfortable time, paradoxically.

Let it be a lesson to you OP, don't fuck with opiates for recreational use....curiousity can quickly turn into, craving, craving into needing, and needing into misery.
You've been warned OP now liver your life however you wish!!! My liability is right around 0% because, op, bro, YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!
Done assume everyone will "need" to get high EVERY SINGLE DAY or else there not satisfied maybe thats how u are (cant just once in a while must be high all day everyday) but dont try to get the OP to not use one of the best drugs known just because u cant handle yourself