• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Dilaud CAPSULE extended release

Worriedwife

Greenlighter
I am extremely worried about what my husband is preparing to do. He has been shooting up dilaudid 8mg for over six months now. I tried everything to get him, but he keeps saying he isn't ready. I'm at the bars because I can't deal with this anymore. His doctor cut him off The instant release dilaudid and gave him the extended release which comes in capsule with little tiny deeds. He refuses to take this orally and wants to and chat, but from everything I've read, this might kill him . I'm extremely worried and I know he will do this regardless of what I say. He is waiting for his prescription and once he gets it, he will shoot up. Please, I need some help because if he is going to anyway, I want to make sure he is at least doing it properly and safely. To everyone out there, please do not ever consider doing this. I'm asking for help here because others may also be considering this and it terrifies me that he made all D or do it wrong and have serious side effects. I really need some help ASAP because he intends to do this tonight and am terrified he won't wake up ever again. Just for the record, he shoots 28 mg pills 4 to 5 times a day. Thanks to all

I would say he should avoid this at all costs! I would have him call his doctor and try to get switched back to the ir. It's defenitely less safe than the shooting the ir pills. A lot of the er formulas, tend to gel up on the user. Also the binder in er pills are really harmful to the veins!

If he is going to do it, make sure he doesnt add heat, it will break down the nasty fillers into the solution. And make sure he uses a micron filter! Even taking these measures won't guaranty his safety, but will definetely help. One last thing, have him start out on a low dose, it might not hit him the same way ir does.

- Hopeless 7nos

Thank you for your reply. His doctor cut the instant release pills when he saw his arms, which is why he gave him the extended release. his doctor won't budge by putting him back on the instant release and I'm just sitting here crying because I don't know when the next time I go into our bedroom, if I will find him alive. I keep telling him to do this orally, but since I'm not a drug user, he says I don't understand that this is not just about shooting up, but is a psychological ritual, whatever that means. I can't even anything with him right now because he already did two capsules. These particular ones come in green capsules and a little while ago I went to check on him and saw that he opened the capsules. I know he is going to do this anyway, so I am desperate to find the safest way for him to do this. He keeps promising he will quit, but has a big job coming up and says he needs this until he is there at least a month.

It is a psychological issue, it's called "needle fixation". A user has to use that route of administration.
At the very least, make sure he get's micron filters, clean needles, and not to heat his shots. That reduces the chances of something wrong happenening.

If you're seriously worried about him ODing, I suggest you read up, and then get some naloxone! Make sure you learn how and when to use it properly, before attempting use. It may save his life someday.

- Hopeless 7nos

I just read what I posted earlier on and realized there were several spelling errors. I apologize for that. I was using the microphone on my phone and guess it didn't pick up the words I wanted . I will definitely be editing before I post anything again

I would say he should avoid this at all costs! I would have him call his doctor and try to get switched back to the ir. It's defenitely less safe than the shooting the ir pills. A lot of the er formulas, tend to gel up on the user. Also the binder in er pills are really harmful to the veins!

If he is going to do it, make sure he doesnt add heat, it will break down the nasty fillers into the solution. And make sure he uses a micron filter! Even taking these measures won't guaranty his safety, but will definetely help. One last thing, have him start out on a low dose, it might not hit him the same way ir does.

- Hopeless 7nos

^^^This. That is the harm reduction version. Like everyone said, ER pills have binders and fillers in them. That's what makes them ER. Now even micron filters do not get all the junk out. There were people shooting morphine ER capsuls and having heart attacks.
Some binders and fillers such as wax, seem to build in veins and around the heart. Sometimes this junk will clog an artery and then the person can have a heart attack or other complications. For what? A subjectively good time, just to really hurt yourself later?

The little beads are a hard form of wax. When crushed properly the hydro morph will separate almost completely from it. When u add water u will notice the shell wax floats and the inner wax sinks with drug. It is extremely easy to seoerate these two items. Add 3cc water heat lightly and abd stirr well. Pull the water into a 3 ml syringe through a smoke filter and this water will contain 1 item hydromorphone. Wax is oil based abd is not water soluble. There are extremely safe to I v. The I r form of the medicine has binders the are 100 percent water soluble. That's y it leaves nothing behind. Anyone who tells u diff doesn't know what the fuck there talking a bout. When preparing hydromorphone contin best to use a large circular ice cream scoop. And a metal 5 ml circular measuring spoon. Before attempting to break the beads down put then in the scoop spread out this as thin as u can and use a lighter to heat the scoop until u notice a slight color change in the beads and if u tap the spoon the beads will be sticky. Now use ur 5 ml spoon and grind the beads down in the scoop. It will be very easy to do this way. Don't stop until all the beads stop cracking and ur left with an extremely fine powder. Add water heat and grind with 5 ml until u feel u have dissolved all the meds. This works so well u won't have a wash left if u used a 30mg red with a 3 ml fit. Gett the solution tested at the hospital u will get back 10mg/ml with no trsce of any binders. Use sodium chloride or distilled water for true results.

^ are you talking about the IR or ER dilaudid?
because this conversation is about ER.
TheI r form of the medicine has binders the are 100 percent water soluble. That's y it leaves nothing behind. Anyone who tells u diff doesn't know what the fuck there talking a bout.

Keeping, I believe pp is saying that if you follow his method , that ER caps are safer than IR , because IR's filler is water soluble and ER's waxy cover is not. I don't know how true that is (I don't IV) but it could be that ER hydromorph causes more problems because people don't prepare it as above.