• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Dihyrdocodeine

Stellabellav

Greenlighter
SWIM would like to know if there any recreational use to these and a recommended first dosage?

Hello, welcome to bluelight!

First of all, we don't use the word SWIM here, everybody knows that you are talking about you, noone is gonna plan a bust on you so please avoid using SWIM, questions for personal use won't incriminate you, a police officer won't waste time on something like this. We don't allow "how to get high" threads either, but since this is your first time and I don't want you to do something stupid or to have a very ugly histamine reaction, I would recomend no more than 100 mg as your first dose. Our community is focused on harm reduction rather than on encouraging recreational use, we are here to provide a safe way for you to take your drugs and not how to get more high or to point out the "best bang for your buck" option.

before further posting please read the Bluelight User Agreement so you know in the future what is allowed and what is not. normally I would close a "how to get high" thread but since you are new, I'm gonna leave this open.

dhc is said to be 2.5x more potent than codeine, but I would say that is at most only 1.5x that's why I would recommend 80-100 mg as your first dose. if it's not working please don't dose again right away, it's better to wait till the drug gets out of the system so you avoid OD'ing. the halflife of the drug is not that long, so just a little patience is needed. hope that I was helpful, stay safe and hope you'll be active in this nice community!

sorry I forgot to ask this, but do you have any opioid tolerance? because if you do the situation would change.

Hello, welcome to bluelight!

First of all, we don't use the word SWIM here, everybody knows that you are talking about you, noone is gonna plan a bust on you so please avoid using SWIM, questions for personal use won't incriminate you, a police officer won't waste time on something like this. We don't allow "how to get high" threads either, but since this is your first time and I don't want you to do something stupid or to have a very ugly histamine reaction, I would recomend no more than 100 mg as your first dose. Our community is focused on harm reduction rather than on encouraging recreational use, we are here to provide a safe way for you to take your drugs and not how to get more high or to point out the "best bang for your buck" option.

before further posting please read the Bluelight User Agreement so you know in the future what is allowed and what is not. normally I would close a "how to get high" thread but since you are new, I'm gonna leave this open.

dhc is said to be 2.5x more potent than codeine, but I would say that is at most only 1.5x that's why I would recommend 80-100 mg as your first dose. if it's not working please don't dose again right away, it's better to wait till the drug gets out of the system so you avoid OD'ing. the halflife of the drug is not that long, so just a little patience is needed. hope that I was helpful, stay safe and hope you'll be active in this nice community!

It's definitely more than 1.5. Most opioid charts will have it at twice the strength, although a lot (if not most) people argue it is 2.5 x stronger.

100mg is a bit heavy for a first dose. Would you recommend someone take 200mg plus (sticking with the official dose comparison rather than either of our experiences) of codeine? People can feel high on 15-30mg codeine with no tolerance. Codeine was my first ever opiate and I took 15mg as prescribed (this way before I ever even thought to abuse anything but alcohol) and I got a nice warm buzz from just that [no alcohol, I was sober at the time].
Also, the histaminergic effect of Dihydrocodeine is SIGNIFICANTLY less than that of codeine. 120mg codeine has me scratching myself whereas it takes three times that amount of DHC to itch.

Last edited:
then please don't exceed the dosage I wrote above, also if you have a histamine reaction, for the itches I recommend any anti-histamine, if you can get it, Claritine (loratidine) is a second generation histamine which doesn't contribute to the sedation and gets rid of the itches for you, they can be unpleasant sometimes.

then please don't exceed the dosage I wrote above, also if you have a histamine reaction, for the itches I recommend any anti-histamine, if you can get it, Claritine (loratidine) is a second generation histamine which doesn't contribute to the sedation and gets rid of the itches for you, they can be unpleasant sometimes.

I don't think it'd be needed with a small dose, but I agree with this. Definitely take an anti-histamine about 20-30 mins before the DHC. There's nothing worse than getting that great high then having it spoiled by constant hot, itching all over your body.

^your body weight has a huge impact on how much a drug will effect you. For example a person weighing 200lbs would have to take double the dose of a person weighing 100lbs to get the same effect.
I'm only about a buck five so that could by why my dose suggestions are on the lowish side.