• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Dihydrocodeine overdose?

Lovethehappy

Greenlighter
Please dont lock or close this thread! I was using the search bar and google but i couldn't find a answer to make question
Im really freaking out here!

So i took about 500mg dihydrocodeine yesterday over the space of 5 hours ( 1st dose was about 300 mg then about 4 hours later 200mg more roughly,I dint really feel high just dirty and issues pissing/pin eyes..

I woke up today still with pin eyes and bladder . I feel ok i dont feel sick or headache. Just slight pain in back ( may be trapped wind)

The question is have i overdosed? Should i go to doctors ?
Or would i have stopped breathing last night?
Can overdose poisoning happen slowly over a few days?
Please but my mind to rest!

Please dont lock or close this thread! I was using the search bar and google but i couldn't find a answer to make question

So i took about 500mg dihydrocodeine yesterday over the space of 5 hours ( 1st dose was about 300 mg then about 4 hours later 200mg more roughly,I dint really feel high just dirty and issues pissing/pin eyes..

I woke up today still with pin eyes and bladder . I feel ok i dont feel sick or headache. Just slight pain in back ( may be trapped wind)

You have overdosed in the sense that you have taken around 8 to 16 times the recommended single dose of DHC but you havent overdosed in the "stopped breathing and died" overdose if this happened yesterday, so don't worry about that. Its quite normal when someone takes many times the prescribed doseage of an opioid to still have pinned eyes and trouble urinating the next day, but if you were gonna stop breathing and die I can assure you it would have happened by now... just dont take anymore until you are positive yesterdays dose has worn off.

Although codeine and DHC are considered fairly weak opioids, they can still kill you if you overdose on them...

Next time please start slower... you can always take more later on but once its inside your body you can never take less.

Please take care.

You may have overdosed, but not in the sense of anything life-threatening. You are experiencing the opiate hangover (yes its real!). Dry mouth, lethargy, feeling opiated from the night before ect. It comes with the territory.
But not to worry, if anything serious were to have happened last night, you wouldn't be posting today, you wouldn't have known what hit you. You would have stopped breathing in your sleep most likely. Was there APAP in the DHC?

You may have overdosed, but not in the sense of anything life-threatening. You are experiencing the opiate hangover (yes its real!). Dry mouth, lethargy, feeling opiated from the night before ect. It comes with the territory.
But not to worry, if anything serious were to have happened last night, you wouldn't be posting today, you wouldn't have known what hit you. You would have stopped breathing in your sleep most likely. Was there APAP in the DHC?
No apap just pure DHC

It seems to me by your posts that you aren't too familiar with opioids, would I be correct in this assumption? If so, please do research into the drug you are taking before administering large doses to yourself (especially without a sitter). And ALWAYS remove any acetaminophen or ibuprofen and other things via CWE (cold water extraction). This is the stuff that really damages your body, not the opiates. Opioids are very easy on the body when taken alone believe it or not. It's taking huge doses of opiates that contain APAP or NSAIDs or combining opiates with other drugs that pose the real threat of a true OD.

No apap just pure DHC

In that case you're fine. DHC isn't toxic to the liver or kidneys at those doses in healthy individuals (i.e. those without any pre-existing liver or kidney damage... and probably not even in those with pre-existing damage). The difficulty urinating is just a side effect on consuming high dose opioids in the same way pinned pupils is.

Don't worry, you'll be fine. Just be a bit more careful in future as opioids aren't something to pkay around with unless you need them for real pain.

Ive badly injured my leg in Afghanistan and then again bavk home and its left me in excruciating pain where I need them just to function, but i wish i didn't.... if you're the sort of person who's prone to addiction (as I am) then they bring nothing but misery and problems.

But please don't worry.... you'll be fine <3

Well that's good. Just refer to my previous post for HR reference. You will be fine, just drink water. Opiates are notorious for causing a weak stream man, its irritating but not dangerous with only occasional use IIRC

Im fairly new , I no not to take high doses of products that contain ibuprofen etc.

I thought because i had a high tolerance to codeine (300mg is what i need) , that i would need a fairly big dose of DHC.

Im just really paranoid of long term damage!

300mg of codeine is not a small dose but in comparison to other opiates it's fairly week. Ok looks like problem solved/crisis averted Haha. Enjoy your day buddy.

Im fairly new , I no not to take high doses of products that contain ibuprofen etc.

I thought because i had a high tolerance to codeine (300mg is what i need) , that i would need a fairly big dose of DHC.

Again as Mr.Deeds rightly said, opioids themselves are remarkably non-toxic at therapeutic doses and even at supra-therapeutic levels provided the person doesn't OD and cause respiratory failure (i.e. OD and die). Provided the person doesn't OD, they can take opioids every day for the rest of their lives with no damage being caused to any of the body's organs...

The problems start when a person takes large amounts of APAP, aspirin or ibuprofen along for the ride so to speak with tablets that contain them... if the person has access to the pure opioid then thats not a concern...

You spund sensible and were right to make sure but im sure you haven't done yourself any lasting harm...

300mg of codeine is relatively high but its not massive... and DHC is thought to be about twice as strong as codeine, so you took the rough equivalent of 1,000mg of codeine... which as you've found out is way too much.

DHC is about twice as potent as codeine
How're you doing today?
I hope you learned your lesson and research drugs before taking them next time

Thanks for this thread as it's put my mind at rest a little.

A week last Sunday I went through 2700 mg of instant release Dihydrocodeine. Over the course of a whole night I ended up chomping through 90 x 30 mg DHC chasing a buzz that I was never going to achieve. I've done almost the same amount of Codeine just a couple of days ago too. 80 x 30/500 mg. Dose in each CWE was 20 tablets (600mg Codeine ? Roughly)

I don't recommend anybody doing this. Could have killed myself as I'm sure I went well past the LD50 for these drugs

Did you suffer from any ill effects?

My advice would be for anyone trying DHC would be to to a low dose and wait a good 50 mins...
( From what i read the dhc is 1.5 stronger then codeine is a dispusted figure and should be taken with a pinch of salt)

I wish i did!

Maybe its coz i suffer with panic and anxiety i tend to get fast heartbeat and panicky symptoms when i get high... That i felt the dhc effects more?
And i guess peoples body may tolerate different doses better then some people / Maybe your mindest at the time will make a difference?!
I will try again at some point but with a low dose like 100mg , as i hear alot of good things about dhc.