• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids dihydrocodeine help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lovethehappy

Greenlighter
Good evening I been researching DIHYDROCODEINE I have spent a good few hours looking into it.
I tried it 2 times so far and I have to take over 200mg to feel it :(, some people only need to take 60 and feel it!!!:X

( I also have a high tolerance with codeine)

I have a few questions questions:

Q1) How much is a safe maximum daily amount?
Q2) Can you take dihydrocodeine and codeine at the same time?
Q3) How long after 1st dose should I redo?
Q4) What would be a maxium dosage at one time that wouldn't cause damage to your liver /kidney etc?

1) Is entirely tolerance dependent - what kills one won’t cover WD’s for another.
2) Yes but really it is pointless. Both Codeine and DHC utlilise the same enzyme (CYP2D6) and given the product of DHC is far more potent than, for recreational purposes, the product of Codeine the combo isn’t efficient.
3) For safety reasons try not to go lower than 2 hours between doses. And never add similar doses given DHC will last 4 hours plus. It may not be the most potent opioid but overdose is a definite risk.
4) That depends on whether your DHC is combined with APAP or not. If so, even with CWE, no less than 4-6 hours.

Good evening I been researching DIHYDROCODEINE I have spent a good few hours looking into it. I tried it 2 times so far and I have to take over 200mg to feel it :(, some people only need to take 60 and feel it!!!:X ( I also have a high tolerance with codeine) I have a few questions questions: Q1) How much is a safe maximum daily amount? Q2) Can you take dihydrocodeine and codeine at the same time? Q3) How long after 1st dose should I redo? Q4) What would be a maxium dosage at one time that wouldn't cause damage to your liver /kidney etc?
https://www.wikipedia.com Use as perscribed Welcome to Bluelight

1) Is entirely tolerance dependent - what kills one won’t cover WD’s for another.
2) Yes but really it is pointless. Both Codeine and DHC utlilise the same enzyme (CYP2D6) and given the product of DHC is far more potent than, for recreational purposes, the product of Codeine the combo isn’t efficient.
3) For safety reasons try not to go lower than 2 hours between doses. And never add similar doses given DHC will last 4 hours plus. It may not be the most potent opioid but overdose is a definite risk.
4) That depends on whether your DHC is combined with APAP or not. If so, even with CWE, no less than 4-6 hours.

I was gonna post, but Sprout I feel hit the nail on the head. Some of this is impossible to predict and some of it is pretty much common sense. Only you know how truly sedated you are getting from a give dose of Opioid. Be mindful and do your best to answer your own questions along the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.