Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Dihydrocodeine (Dose - 90mg - 135mg) - First few times - "Killer Nausea"

MikeHawk

Bluelighter
Hello (my first post on the forum!)

Over the past year I've gathered a rather elementary understanding of drugs and have used Cannabis, Ambien(recreationally), Mephedrone, Salvia and Valium.

I decided that I was ready for something a little more interesting and my friend found that you could buy DHC on the internet for an incredibly reasonable price so naturally I jumped at the chance.

I got 56 tablets of 90mg prolonged release tablets and as I was at home at the time, I waited until I was back at university before attempting to try some.

As they were prolonged release 12 hours, I crushed one 90mg pill up (which I'm told is about the same as 135mg of Codeine for someone with a high metabolism like me) and just put it in a drink. I was rather dissapointed to find it was completely water insoluble even after 30 minutes.

I drank the water slowly and it was basically the same as swallowing lots of little pills. 15 minutes later I was dissapointed not to be feeling much. 30 minutes and I was feeling warmth and a little apathy. At an hour, I told my friend who was sitting me virtually that I was going to go to bed (certainly unusual at 8pm) and had one of the nicest experiences of my life for about 2 hours. I just laid in bed, closed my eyes and had what I can only describe as a dream like state in which I just felt at peace and fairly euphoric (not to the degree I was expecting though).

When the effects began to wane, I suffered a little nausea and I did struggle to sleep as a result but I think I probably drifted off about 30 minutes after. In the morning I suffered bouts of nausea which was a bit dissapointing however I was still in a bit of afterglow about how great I felt the night before.

Next week, I do the exact same thing again, 90mg crushed in a bottle of water only this time I drank it in one go rather than over a period of 30 minutes. This time the warmth hit faster and more progressively. I suffered absolutely no nausea this time and I laid in my bed and had a very similar experience as the first time, perhaps EVEN better. I was surprised at this as I've read so much about the so-called opiate tolerance and how it builds very quickly.

Jump to 5 days later (Tuesday night) and I decide as I'm a little stressed, I would reward myself with a higher dose of DHC. I went for 135mg of DHC which I figured to be approximately 202.5mg of Codeine (I know this is hardly exact). This time the feelings gathered more rapidly and I was "nodding" by the 45 minute mark. I remember a characteristic develop where I'd enter a very dreamy state and feel amazing, then be interrupted by my body deciding I need to breathe. I knew at this point I was probably closer to my OD threshhold than I had first imagined, but I knew I was safe as even 200mg of Codeine for someone of my size is unlikely to kill.

3 hours after this, I took a deep breath and was suddenly back in the real world. I got up and realised I was deeply nauseous and basically spent the next hour pacing around with a very dry mouth and dry lips, and a feeling that if I drank even a drop of water, I'd be sick. I decided to lay on my back and this pretty much annihilated the nausea until the morning.

In the morning I woke up feeling fine again, but as the morning progressed I got pretty terrible nausea again and it was incredibly difficult to eat anything at lunch. This was a great shame for me as I had enjoyed the experience so much that I hated how the hangover seemingly ruined it. Cut back to that night (that's now!), I feel a lot better, a tiny bit of nausea still there however that's probably placebo and/or residual. I think part of the nausea was that I already had a bit of bloatedness from my rather unbalanced diet that day (chocolate and energy drinks), I think it may also have been because of my larger dose but I am still quite surprised my tolerance didn't dull that dose back to what 90mg was the first time.

All in all, I really like opiates. I think it's sort of good that nausea exists or I fear I would abuse them too much. I hope you enjoyed reading this somewhat fractured report, and I hope that I can get some advice on dealing with nause (other than laying on my back, which works brilliantly but is impractical when I have lectures all day!)

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_dihydrocodeine
substancecode_opiates
explevel_firsttime
explevel_secondtime
explevel_inexperienced
exptype_positive
roacode_oral

Last edited by a moderator:
you got them off the internet?? thats crazy wish i knew where. anyway if your going to do opiates and want to get fucked just sniff some oxycontin or some roxys

Last edited:
personally, having been on opiates for a long time due to arthritis, I think they're a lousy hi. I enjoyed them at first (60mg dhc + 50mg tramadol) with alcohol. They gave a very euphoric and peaceful effect. The breathing thing - I noticed that too, it was scary after the fact but when affected by the opiates I really didn't care if I took a second breath, I just wanted to stay in the peace.

However, you soon find that you stop getting the euphoria & just get the racing mind, suicidal images, sweating, shaking, nausea and cramps. Taking larger doses did not get the high back (went up to 120dhc + 150 tramadol). This caused liver & pancreas pain, solved by 3 days on water only. A bit scary turning yellow!

The only way I've found of getting decent use out of opiates is to limit it to once a week or less so the tolerance wears off.

you got them off the internet?? thats crazy wish i knew where. anyway if your going to do opiates and want to get fucked just sniff some oxycontin or some roxys

Why? He's getting desired effects from DHCs so there's little point in using a more powerful Opioid and making his tolerance skyrocket.

I wish I could feel as lovely as everyone else seems to do on DHCs, but I don't find them as euphoric as Codeine in equivalent doses - even smaller doses of Codeine (used to) provide more euphoria than DHC.
But these days I can't get anything drastically lovely off either (thankyou H :|).
Just use DHCs for withdrawals these days. They do help quite a bit. Well, they atleast keep symptoms at bay but sometimes I go a bit silly and take around 600mg just to try and catch a high off them, in vain ofcourse... :(

Ah well, glad you enjoyed them OP and you are a lucky devil to be able to get them online :) Just watch out for addiction.

I don't wanna spoil your party, but most (if not all) opiates are very water soluble. That's how a CWE works so reliably, the opiate is mostly dissolved and passes through a filter, and the APAP is only partially dissolved, or not at all in the case of ibuprofen, and will not go through a filter. Since you purchased the pills off the internet, it might have been a fake. I really don't know what it would've been swapped out for though. Maybe this was just very cold water, I don't know.

I realise this is old as fuck, but I'm bored