• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Dihydrocodeine - dosage

guy1234

Bluelighter
Hallo, am a fairly prolific codeine user. 2-4 times a week. Currently I'm using around 800-1000mg of codeine to get where I want. Tolerance develops rapidly. Just FYI I dont seem to experience much of a ceiling. I've passed 500ish mg a while ago and still need to increase dose for same effects.

I've ordered a large qty of DHC as from what I remember from a while ago I prefer it to codeine and there is the benefit of being able redose.

Can anyone recommend a good starting dose considering my codeine use? I see most people never really going above 3-400mg. I understand the potency ratio is around 1.5x in favour of DHC. This would mean id technically need around 600mg of dhc. Does anyone have any experience of a switchover at similar dosages? Am hoping i won't have to go that high

Just any FYI my dosage for codeine is somewhat estimated as the majority comes from CWE. Technically my doses are actually 1200mg+ but am adjusting for low yield from cwe (and my experience extracting higher codeine pills combined with pure codeine phosphate for which j needed much lower doses, around 900mg)

DHC is more likely to be twice as strong as Codeine not 1.5x so I'd start at 300mg just to be safe. Also DHC is not a prodrug as it's active on its own so there shouldn't be a ceiling effect. Please be careful DHC is stronger than u think!

Have dropped 360, dont mind having to redose but will be less nice than being hit all at once. Guess we shall see

I have done it a few times and I usually dosed 300mgs, taking your tolerance for codeine in consideration it shouldn't be a big dose, but I'm not recommending this dose to anyone with a low tolerance. if someone with a low tolerance is reading this, please start with a max. dose of 100mg. I really enjoyed DHC much more than codeine, stay safe and let us know how it went

Am ending up around the 6-700mg mark to get a decent buzz so tbf works out almost exactly with my codeine dosage when adjusted for potency