• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Dihydrocodeine dosage

Canniboy95

Greenlighter
Hi first time on here I'm just curious iv been taking dihydrocodeine for a year now I am quite tolerant to it usually take between 300-450mg (15X30mg pills) at night with a gram or two of bud so my question is how much pills could i add on say the 15 pills without risking fatal overdose or exple my usual 15X30mg and maybe anouther 5X30mg would be not risk free but relitivly low risk? ....mostly for people who are users of ex users of DHC....also I mix no other drugs or alcohol I'm basically the standard 20 year old male haha normal body weight no illnesses had liver test all good ect.thanks!

Last edited:
Please log out of your regular account before posting!
anonymous ----> BDD

Hi first time on here I'm just curious iv been taking dihydrocodeine for a year now I am quite tolerant to it usually take between 300-450mg (15X30mg pills) at night with a gram or two of bud so my question is how much pills could i add on say the 15 pills without risking fatal overdose or exple my usual 15X30mg and maybe anouther 5X30mg would be not risk free but relitivly low risk? ....mostly for people who are users of ex users of DHC....also I mix no other drugs or alcohol I'm basically the standard 20 year old male haha normal body weight no illnesses had liver test all good ect.thanks!
I was never a very frequent user, but whenever I used to dose DHC I'd take anywhere between 300 - 600mgs. I once or twice very foolishly took 1200mgs, which wasn't nice, enjoyable, or safe. Dangerous amounts even for anybody with a tolerance. But especially dangerous for those who have little-no tolerance.

Nowadays I hardly catch a buzz off 600mgs, so I rarely if ever take it. Around 3 Months ago was the last time, and that was only because I was given it, I wouldn't of sought to ever buy any because it really is no good for You/Me/Anyone at those doses. All I got was mostly unwanted side effects. I count myself very lucky to have not done any liver damage through taking some of those doses. The LD50 (Comparative lethal dose is a lot lower than Oxycontin apparently)

I think my high Dihydrocodeine tolerance may have something to do with the fact that I had a previous Oxycontin addiction. Taking around 400mgs a dose at it's peak. Although I can vividly remember my first DHC experience, which actually came after I'd been experimenting with Oxycontin for a while. Anyway, I was given 4 x 120mg Extended release DHC tablets that I ground into near dust (I've still got the empty tub, and it keeps the smell of weed in like nothing else! :eek: ) Anyway I was nicely suprised by the noddy/slightly stimulating buzz, felt similarish to Oxy, also similarish duration (4 hours ish). After that though my interest in DHC rapidly declined, that first time was magic (Aren't they all? =D ) But then it just always felt weak ever since, and the times I've taken it; like I've said, I dosed stupidly high.

You're only 20. I'm 3 Months shy of turning 37. My advice to you would be to knock it on the head before you get any deeper. A Year in and you're gong to need to taper.

Slow and steady wins the race. Good luck ;)

Thanks for the reply guys I think i should have mentioned that I started using dihydrocodeine as a dexot I was very addicted on diazepam 30-40 (yellows)5mg pills . Ina day I would take like 10 pills sometimes 15 in the morning and usually at least 15 pills at night sometimes 20 of them...when I couldn't get this dose I would often go for Temazepam and codeine and very occasionally tramadol with what ever Valium I had left to get the benzo and opiates to enhance each other..then not long after my drug use peeked I took an overdose I would like to blame it on counterfeit (tubs of white coloured supposidly 10mg diazepams)i got that were insainly stronger than stated just shows you can't believe everything a crack head behind a bus shelter tells you they might know a lot about alians and the government but when it comes to reasponable medication dosage forget it! I dont realy know how long my benzo binge lasted I'm just guessing 18 months thts how long I'm told by friends family ect but as a a fellow ex benzo and valium binger will know the memory loss and amnesia while taking large amounts of these is very severe....anyway just thought I would add this as after my OD I was told I was very close to death and still was unless I stopped or really cut down my drug use so I went to one my dealers who was an ex bezno addict and says dihydrocodeine really help with the withdrawals and as I used to say let me try lol so I took like 3 or 4 if these 30mg DHC and WOW! just like that I felt every cramp every bit of pain, stress and anxiety disappear after a week or two of taking DHC I was more lively talkative and got things done....now a while later I can take 3 pills a day no problem and get zero withdrawals but however I'm love the right tht DHC brings in high doses so when I find me a really nice bit of weed I will usually take 15x30mg pills maybe another 5x30mg if I wares off too quick but i would say 3 occasionaly 4 nights a week I spend getting high on DHC example if I'm high on Monday I will only then have 2or3 pills too keep the runny nose at bay I won't take a large dose again until Wednesday... Is this still putting strain on physical health?.... considering when I'm on DHC I can exercise better appetite ect

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply guys I think i should have mentioned that I started using dihydrocodeine as a dexot I was very addicted on diazepam 30-40 (yellows)5mg pills . Ina day I would take like 10 pills sometimes 15 in the morning and usually at least 15 pills at night sometimes 20 of them...when I couldn't get this dose I would often go for Temazepam and codeine and very occasionally tramadol with what ever Valium I had left to get the benzo and opiates to enhance each other..then not long after my drug use peeked I took an overdose I would like to blame it on counterfeit (tubs of white coloured supposidly 10mg diazepams)i got that were insainly stronger than stated just shows you can't believe everything a crack head behind a bus shelter tells you they might know a lot about alians and the government but when it comes to reasponable medication dosage forget it! I dont realy know how long my benzo binge lasted I'm just guessing 18 months thts how long I'm told by friends family ect but as a a fellow ex benzo and valium binger will know the memory loss and amnesia while taking large amounts of these is very severe....anyway just thought I would add this as after my OD I was told I was very close to death and still was unless I stopped or really cut down my drug use so I went to one my dealers who was an ex bezno addict and says dihydrocodeine really help with the withdrawals and as I used to say let me try lol so I took like 3 or 4 if these 30mg DHC and WOW! just like that I felt every cramp every bit of pain, stress and anxiety disappear after a week or two of taking DHC I was more lively talkative and got things done....now a while later I can take 3 pills a day no problem and get zero withdrawals but however I'm love the right tht DHC brings in high doses so when I find me a really nice bit of weed I will usually take 15x30mg pills maybe another 5x30mg if I wares off too quick but i would say 3 occasionaly 4 nights a week I spend getting high on DHC example if I'm high on Monday I will only then have 2or3 pills too keep the runny nose at bay I won't take a large dose again until Wednesday... Is this still putting strain on physical health?.... considering when I'm on DHC I can exercise better appetite ect
My guess is that this most definitely putting strain on your physical health (As well Mental Health.) Begin to taper if possible...

I asked if I could have dehydrocodeine instead of methadone or bubrenorphine last week at gdas the doctor said he agreed it is better for a lot of people but they have been stopped from prescribing it in favour of the other two. ..I use it if I'm stuck at my girlfriends in a different town but only have access to 30mg and 50mg extended release I find I need to to 15 x30mg 2x daily at least to stop me feeling shut and sometimes rake another 4 tabs with a gapapentin if it starts wearing off before bed...I got kicked off my meth script after nearly 5 years tapering down because they found out the chemist was letting my ex Mrs at the time pick up my weekly script even tho I had to phone them in advance and write them a note....I even picked up my script my self the week before they stopped it...now because of working mostly seven days a week (cut down a lot of Sundays and some Saturdays since got with new Mrs) I'm IV'ING about a gram and half of H a day split to once in morning once in afternoon after work and sometimea half g just before I travel back to where I'm now living with new Mrs. .I'd love dhc instead of meth maintenance but can't get them in enough quantities but at same time I'd be worried long term about the damage it I'd doing as my job is physically demanding and opiates seem to wear off quicker in work than any other time..if i take 80ml meth it makes me well for around 9 to 12 hours but at the same time 120ml lasts around the same time must be metabolism and the amount of physical activity