• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Dihydrocodeine Cold Turkey - Why do I feel Fine??

ChemicallyEnhanced

Bluelighter
Not complaining!

Normally I start to feel a little off around 6 hours after my last dose and by 18 hours I feel really horrible. The longest I have ever gone in 7 years without an opioid is 44 hours and I was literally bedridden for the second half of that.
I always go 24-36 hours without at the end of the week and it is always an awful experience.

However, this week I had my last dose (a pretty small dose of 120mg DHC and 12mg Loperamide) at 10am on Saturday morning. It is now 6pm Monday evening and I feel completely normal. No withdrawal.
Where the hell did it go? How can this suddenly happen? Don't get me wrong: I'm delighted. Just confused.

Sometimes these things happen. The worst you can do is dwell upon it as you will set yourself up for a fall. Keep your mind occupied and you might be lucky...

Sometimes these things happen. The worst you can do is dwell upon it as you will set yourself up for a fall. Keep your mind occupied and you might be lucky...

I'm slightly euphoric off just not withdrawing (or it might be from that huge bag of M&Ms I just ate).
I get my next script in 24 hours. I should be getting it literally right now but it's a bank holiday Monday here which basically means it's treated as a Sunday so no Doctors open.

Mmm, M&Ms...

When I was on methadone, i sometimes experienced a sudden lack of cravings for well over 24 hours. The trick is to make the most of these times and put off redosing until you really need it. It's all about baby steps...