• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Dihydrocodeine/ Codeine dosage.

mysafehome01

Bluelighter
Hi, recently I got hold of some Dihydrocodeine 30mg. I have an extensive history of use with regular Codeine and would normally dose around the 300mg mark.

I've read online that DHC can be ~1.5x the strength of Codeine. Using this figure I doses aound 210mg of DHC. The effects were minimal, not even close to the effects from regular Codeine.

Now my questions would be, what is the max/ ceiling dose of DHC (I know Codeine is ~450mg)? Also does it work in the same way as regular Codeine in it is metabolized into Morphine in the liver? Finally what is the recommended/ advised dose for somebody with a high Codeine/ other lesser Opiods tolerance?

(All are of Pharmaceutical grade)

Thanks in advance.

Anybody out there have any experience with DHC, or know of any good sources of info? I'm really struggling to find any info out in the big world wide web.

Thanks.

I found for me it wasn't as potent as codeine no idea why i took around the same and felt slight nausea and little warm feeling like off of 90/120mg

I found for me it wasn't as potent as codeine no idea why i took around the same and felt slight nausea and little warm feeling like off of 90/120mg

I just posted in the other thread. 300mg Codeine Phos. is FAR superior to 300mg DHC. Which totally conflicts with the views on DHC. Even went to page 25 on Google to find an answer, still looking...

codeine has a bit more euphoria to it for sure, but it still prefer DHC for the happy, longer-lasting, energetic high it gives. it takes all sorts. i also find once i go over 450-500mg DHC it gets a bit weird and unpleasant due to side-effects. i'd love 420mg of DHC right now.

codeine has a bit more euphoria to it for sure, but it still prefer DHC for the happy, longer-lasting, energetic high it gives. it takes all sorts. i also find once i go over 450-500mg DHC it gets a bit weird and unpleasant due to side-effects. i'd love 420mg of DHC right now.

So for someone who has dosed 300mg to 450mg of Codeine every other week for a couple years what would you recommend for a DHC dosage. Taking into consideration 210mg DHC had no much effect.

Cheers.

maybe try 360-420mg. i'd be very surprised if you didnt get much from that if you've only been doing codeine every other week.

as i said, i'd do 420mg even though my tolerance is zero at the moment; i'm not recommending this, but that's what i'd take. i'm quite a bit bloke though and i'm quite experienced with opiates.

you could always take 300mg, wait 45 mins and if you're not satisfied take another 4 tabs for 420mg. better safe than a puking mess and all that.

Just stick with codeine, IME DHC just isn't as good, I find it peaks really quickly but then justs wears off. No real relaxing feeling, no itching, just a very short buzz and then it's over. That's in 500-600mg doses as well.
I get some every now and again for my arthritis and I don't even abuse it, well I take double the dose but not like 20 pills at once, which I'd certainly do with codeine.

It's funny because here in the UK they give out Codeine like they're sweeties (30mg Codeine phos.) yet with DHC it's as if they're giving you pure diacetyl Morphine. They seem terrified of the stuff.

I will try 300mg DHC and go from there. Am I right in saying that DHC is NOT a pro drug so the regular Opiate potentiation methods work?

Cheers.

Man here in the UK we are just severely lacking in mid range opiates full stop, you can get DHC you just actually need a reason. I have arthritis and get occasionally short term scripts for DHC, unfortunately because of my age my gp won't give me a continuous script, so I just milk a bad stint of pain every few months and get a box of DHC.

And yeah man as far as I know potentiation is the same.

Man here in the UK we are just severely lacking in mid range opiates full stop, you can get DHC you just actually need a reason. I have arthritis and get occasionally short term scripts for DHC, unfortunately because of my age my gp won't give me a continuous script, so I just milk a bad stint of pain every few months and get a box of DHC.

And yeah man as far as I know potentiation is the same.

I get DHC & Codeine Phos. on my continuous scripts. They are good for the pains I suffer to be honest. Just regular Codeine is far superior to Dihydro. in my opinion.

You're totally right about the lack of mid-range painkillers, the US seem to have 10 + unique to that range whereas in the UK we have none.