• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Kratom Dihydrocodeine and Kratom

chrispche

Bluelighter
I've become rather dependant on Dihydrocodeine. The last time I took it was 4 days ago and I've been feeling flu like symptoms ever since. So I have obtained some Kratom. Which arrived this morning and I have taken 3 grams of it. Well I'm shocked it has taken away my flu like feelings and I feel quite content and at ease.

My question is this. Is Dihydrocodeine stronger than Kratom or is Kratom stronger and are there any dependancy issues I need to look out for.

Thanks.

Dihydrocodeine is by far the stronger of the two. What dosage of dhc have you been taking daily? Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm going to assume its not loads if 3g of kratom still works.

Dihydrocodeine is by far the stronger of the two. What dosage of dhc have you been taking daily? Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm going to assume its not loads if 3g of kratom still works.
Yes, but also kratom has some stimulating effects that dhc does not have so you have to keep that in mind.

I wouldn't even waste time with the kratom. Dihydrocodeine is about 1.5x stronger than codeine. Plus, dihydrocodeine is a genuine true opioid - not some cheap non-opioid mimic.

I wouldn't even waste time with the kratom. Dihydrocodeine is about 1.5x stronger than codeine. Plus, dihydrocodeine is a genuine true opioid - not some cheap non-opioid mimic.

Well, I can only speak from experience. It's certainly allowed me to stop the Dihydrocodeine with no withdrawal side effects. Yes, it's not as euphoric, but it certainly has an effect that's not unpleasant. The worst part of taking it, is drinking it as a tea. However, I find adding in Sodium Saccharin helps it go down easier.

Kratom is arguably stronger than dhc (obviously not on a mg to mg basis) due to kratom containing 7-hydroxymitragynine which is said to be an order of magnitude stronger than morphine.

So yes there is a huge dependency issue to look out for with kratom. I have been addicted to kratom for 4 years now and trust me, the withdrawals are nothing to joke about.

That being said, if you want to cold turkey from the dhc, kratom might be a good comfort med. Kratom might be cross tolerant enough to stop withdrawals dead but that means it is also cross tolerant enough to cause withdrawals of its own when you stop. So keep that in mind and use it sparingly.