• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Dihydrocodeine and Codeine?

I've asked at a few pharmacies and you 100% need a prescription. Also, they all treated me like a junky when I asked for it and didn't have a prescription.
Yeah I've had that experience. However, some pharmacy's will sell you it over the counter if you say the correct thing. The correct thing is and this has worked every time I have employed it. Is to say your mum has a bad dry cough and can't sleep at night. She has asked for Codeine Linctus as she has had it before. Every time I have said this I get a bottle.

Yeah I've had that experience. However, some pharmacy's will sell you it over the counter if you say the correct thing. The correct thing is and this has worked every time I have employed it. Is to say your mum has a bad dry cough and can't sleep at night. She has asked for Codeine Linctus as she has had it before. Every time I have said this I get a bottle.

Thanks, I'll try this.
Is it also better to go to like independent pharmacies or major chains?

It Is quite common yes, but dhcodeine Is in fact stronger, longer lasting but less physicaly intensive.

I find independent pharmacies tend to sell it to you more. Boot's? No way they won't sell it to you at all.

Yeah, I definitely wouldn't try Boots lol. I tried Tesco Pharmacy and they were ASSHOLES about it. Like they could have just said "sorry, we don't/can't sell you that without a prescription".

Do pharmacists get a power trip when they can refuse selling something to you based on their discretion?