• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Dihydrocodeine and Codeine bad experience help please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSevenSilverSeas

Greenlighter
Hi Everyone,

New to this forum so please forgive me if this post is in the wrong place.
Last night I took a combination off 300mg codeine and 225mg DHC (not a good plan I know) and felt great. This morning I woke up unable to move without vomiting, can barely walk without falling over and with diminished hearing. Previously over the last few months I taken taken codeine recreationally every so often so would guess I have some tolerance. I'm just looking for some help and advice really because haven't had an experience like this before and keep vomiting around every half hour and feeling faint and I'm getting a bit scared now. Is this a common reaction or am I looking at something more serious. Any help very much appreciated, thanku

Codeine and dihydrocodeine don't generally produce effects that last into the next day, perhaps you have gotten ill with a stomach bug? Or it could be that the opiates have slowed your intestinal motility down a little too much - after all, that's a fairly large amount of opioid. While it's quite unpleasant to experience it won't permanently harm you and will resolve on its own.

Even if it turns out you just took too much - take some antinauseants - Gravol (dimenhydrinate ... diphenhydramine works too) or some fresh ginger root tea, and lay down and try to rest it off. Drink some Gatorade or the like for electrolytes. Try to eat amall portions of something light and easily digestible, too, if you think you can handle it.

It could also be, if your codiene/dihydrocodeine conteined other drugs in combination, that those are playing a part. Did you CWE the drugs or what?

In any case the nausea should resolve in ~24 hours, either as the narcotics clear your system, or your body fights off whatever is in your guts. If you're not getting better by then, call a doctor.

I really hope you did a CWE or else you should go to the ER asap.

Taking too much opioids (not enough to OD, but still more than enough to get you really high) can lead to an opioid 'hangover' the next day, nausea and vomiting is pretty normal.
Try drinking a sip of water every other minute to stay hydrated and as sekio said, an antinauseant should help

If you're still puking go to the ER, dehydration can kill you in the worst case

Tell us what you took, not the total active ingredient you aimed to get high on. I have a hard time believing you had pure 300mg powder codeine and 225 powder DHC. You gotta say what you did. Even if you had pure compounds, did you disolve the powder in water and then drank it, did you just soak that in your mouth spit and swallowed, it's important to say exactly what you did, not just, hey, I had 300mg codeine, today is Wednesday. Lol. More detail.

Fuck, he's probably dead, I don't think he did a CWE.

God I hope he did a cwe, but if he didn't, that would explain why he was having the stomach issues the next day. That was his first post, so I doubt we'll get an update. But I hope I'm wrong on both accounts!

This one time I swallowed like 30-40 pills of codeine with acetaminophen to catch a buzz. I remember I ingested like ~20 grams of acetaminophen, 5x the daily limit. I thought I was gonna die, because id never go to the ER and deal with that bs or a lecture from anybody. I ended up having the worst trip of my life. Got real sick, recovered a few days later. I didn't vomit or faint like OP though, just flu-like symptoms, he probably took more than I did?

^ You must be beefy and healthy as a bull mate! That's twice the lethal dose!

This one time I swallowed like 30-40 pills of codeine with acetaminophen to catch a buzz. I remember I ingested like ~20 grams of acetaminophen, 5x the daily limit. I thought I was gonna die, because id never go to the ER and deal with that bs or a lecture from anybody. I ended up having the worst trip of my life. Got real sick, recovered a few days later. I didn't vomit or faint like OP though, just flu-like symptoms, he probably took more than I did?

Wow, this should have killed you

Status
Not open for further replies.