• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Dihydrocodeine 30mg, oral or nasal?

thatrandomdude

Bluelighter
What's up guys, I recently came into a batch of a bunch of dihydrocodeine 30mg tabs, and from the research i've done it only has 20% bio availability taken orally, so i was wondering if anyone has snorted it before?
There is no way i'm taking it rectally, that's a one way street i'm afraid. Please don't say it needs to reach your liver to metabolize into morphine either because that's just a myth that snorting doesn't get to your liver.
Thanks in advance, keep it real pimps.

insuffulating pills isn't advised mate as you're just gonna be clogging your nose up with filler and binders,
what kind of DHC pills do you have?

insuffulating pills isn't advised mate as you're just gonna be clogging your nose up with filler and binders,
what kind of DHC pills do you have?

just pure 30mg dihydrocodeine. each tablet contains 30mg dyhydrocodeine tartrate. other ingrediants are lactose, maize starch magnesium stearate and povidone

Last edited:
OP, you're right about the metabolisxm of Dihydrocodeine and I appreciate you taking the time to debunk that myth. The drug in question will reach the liver and be metabolized to Dihydromorphine no matter the route of administration. Now, the problem is, there is not a lot of reliable information regarding the insufflation of DHC or even plain Codeine for that matter. We do know that IV/IM use will produce an increased effect/bioavailability, but we do not know hardly anything about the nasal route.

Now, one would assume that the intranasal route would produce an increased bioavailability, but we need to keep in mind that some drugs are "funny" in that the intranasal route actually produces a lower bioavaility. Take for instance, Morphine. The intranasal bioavailability is significantly lower than the oral route.

I really think what you need to do is experiment yourself to find out which route works best. I wish we had more information for you, but it looks like you're going to be diving into some unknown territory here. For this reason, I think it would be great if you could experiment and then inform us of your experience. If you let us know how subjectively different the ROA's are, maybe the next guy who asks this question will have an easier time!

OP, you're right about the metabolisxm of Dihydrocodeine and I appreciate you taking the time to debunk that myth. The drug in question will reach the liver and be metabolized to Dihydromorphine no matter the route of administration. Now, the problem is, there is not a lot of reliable information regarding the insufflation of DHC or even plain Codeine for that matter. We do know that IV/IM use will produce an increased effect/bioavailability, but we do not know hardly anything about the nasal route.

Now, one would assume that the intranasal route would produce an increased bioavailability, but we need to keep in mind that some drugs are "funny" in that the intranasal route actually produces a lower bioavaility. Take for instance, Morphine. The intranasal bioavailability is significantly lower than the oral route.

I really think what you need to do is experiment yourself to find out which route works best. I wish we had more information for you, but it looks like you're going to be diving into some unknown territory here. For this reason, I think it would be great if you could experiment and then inform us of your experience. If you let us know how subjectively different the ROA's are, maybe the next guy who asks this question will have an easier time!

Thanks for your reply, since it's the first time I had some of these in my hands I took a dose of 3x30mg around 2 - 3 hours ago and the effects have been great, feeling confident, my severe anxiety has been dulled down almost completely, have a slight warm feel inside me and everything just feels great. I will try some out later through the nasal route, possibly 2x30 depending on how much powder they crush down into, will post my results back here.

If you're pills contain nothing but DHC and binders, they shouldn't be that difficult to snort. If, however, you find that there is just a little too much powder to make the route feasible, you can always perform a cold water extraction to get the DHC out and ultimately end up with less powder to snort. You could even take the liquid and put it into a nasal spray bottle and use it by that route.

If you're pills contain nothing but DHC and binders, they shouldn't be that difficult to snort. If, however, you find that there is just a little too much powder to make the route feasible, you can always perform a cold water extraction to get the DHC out and ultimately end up with less powder to snort. You could even take the liquid and put it into a nasal spray bottle and use it by that route.

yeah like i posted above the only other ingrediants mentioned are lactose, maize starch ,magnesium stearate and povidone so i don't think cold water extraction should be necessary

Now I don't know a lot about DHC, as I am from the US. I thought it was active in its own right, but if it is just a pro-drug like codeine and has to be activated in the liver, then bypassing first-pass metabolism is definitely going to lead to diminished affects. Yes, any way you get a drug into the bloodstream will eventually lead to it circulating through the liver, but bypassing FPM means its going to reach the liver much more slowly over a longer period of time, leading to delayed affects and a weaker peak.

Now I don't know a lot about DHC, as I am from the US. I thought it was active in its own right, but if it is just a pro-drug like codeine and has to be activated in the liver, then bypassing first-pass metabolism is definitely going to lead to diminished affects. Yes, any way you get a drug into the bloodstream will eventually lead to it circulating through the liver, but bypassing FPM means its going to reach the liver much more slowly over a longer period of time, leading to delayed affects and a weaker peak.

I'm not a biologist but wouldn't bypassing first-pass metabolism lead to it getting to the liver quicker and produce a faster effect onset?

In my experience the difference is negligible. Just take them orally. If you want a noticeable increase in effects, take them rectally (crush them, dissolve the powder in as little water is possible and use an oral syringe to squirt it up your butt).

In my experience the difference is negligible. Just take them orally. If you want a noticeable increase in effects, take them rectally (crush them, dissolve the powder in as little water is possible and use an oral syringe to squirt it up your butt).

yeah plugging isn't something i want to do, so you have experience with dihydrocodeine snorting and it makes no difference?

Last edited:
Yes. I had 30mg Dihydrocodeine tablets. Snorting 120mg had no additional pluses to just swallowing them. It may start working quicker but it only takes like 20 mins for me to feel them when swallowing.

I'm not a biologist but wouldn't bypassing first-pass metabolism lead to it getting to the liver quicker and produce a faster effect onset?

No, FPM refers to the act of compounds entering the blood circulating directly to the liver to be metabolized before entering the rest of the body. As in, the blood 'first passes' through the liver before going anywhere else.

This is very common misconception, so don't feel bad about it. We're not Doctors here, so for many of us, acquiring this knowledge for ourselves has required a lot of leg-work. The fallacy in question is that Codeine/DHC will somehow bypass metabolism if taken by a route other than the oral. This is not true. The process in which Codeine/DHC is metabolised will occur whatever the ROA chosen. The point is that first pass metabolism is going to limit that amount that ultimately reaches the stage in which it would be metabolized.

In short, Codeine and DHC will be metabolized in their respective -morphines regardless of the route of administration chosen. Just wanted to make sure that this is well-known.