Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Difficulty with prescriptions (Adl)

the red shark

Bluelighter
I have one doctor who works together with my psych and he has no issue writing me Valium scripts, but my other doc who has always been slightly dodgy, very flexible with benzo scripts all of a sudden a month ago said the medical register were regulating benzo scripts and he couldn't write me my clonazepam sending me home cold turkey with nothing. I thought he may be getting looked into when a friend who goes to another practise got cut off from Ativan and Xanax cold turkey too. Has there been any changes with scheduling of anything? In adelaide btw.

sorry i don't have anything to add to the thread apart from your doctors are extremely irresponsible in respect to cutting you off cold turkey from the benzo's. i sincerely hope you get through it ok without too much pain and suffering. hopefully you can find another dr willing to continue your scripts or you're able to work out a tapering schedule in the very least.

i am not aware of any changes in scheduling. maybe they're just being audited and are trying to put on a show for them?:\

Yeah that's very irresponsible of them, I didn't even think you could get Clonazepam in Australia unless you suffer from epilepsy? Go to another GP and tell them what's happened, they probably won't give you a repeat but they will definitely give you enough to taper off.

Yeah that's very irresponsible of them, I didn't even think you could get Clonazepam in Australia unless you suffer from epilepsy? Go to another GP and tell them what's happened, they probably won't give you a repeat but they will definitely give you enough to taper off.

I'm pretty sure you can, PBS just won't pay for it. It's scary how many doctors are completely unethical, incompetent, and negligent. I've withdrawn from benzos before, not fun at all. :(