• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Different Methods of Preparation Affecting the 'Cactus Spirit'?

good point some of this is a little anthropocentric...some animals even digest/break down certain chemicals into different (active) metabolites...I would imagine probably there are some differences in subjective effects across species as well seeing as how our cognition differs.

I'm 9/10ths convinced that an extraction is the way to go...actually at this point I would almost rather just take LSD...but, I know there is something special about mescaline...

I would love to hear any more input on how your preparation affected the subjective effects of the experience...peace and love...

The extracted mescaline felt just as ancient and wonderful as eating pedro skin. The only difference is you arn't puking up pigs in a blanket like a sick fucking dog throughout the trip.

I didn't find the cactus spirit as ancient as the tarantula spirit mind you.

I hit the point where I couldn't even take a sip of the slime before starting to retch. In fact I'd start to retch just at the smell of it.

I understand that...my face still tenses up at the thought of drinking any more syrian rue....ugh.

Well, I may be researching extraction teks more...I don't want to get into a really difficult/messy extraction...I mean I have a ton of phenethylamines available that I still want to try (DOC, DOM, 2CT7, 2CT21). Might wait on mescaline until the right time...but I seem to be called to it...it seems magical...

The one time I ate it I followed a recipe from Erowid that involved boiling the skinned flesh for a considerable amount of time and adding water every time it boiled down to form a syrup... Can't remember if we strained the final brew through a cloth but I guess we must have done. It was athick syrupy liquid that was EXTREMELY bitter. We mixed lots of vanilla ice-cream into that, which made it quite bearable. I didn't really get nausea - but then I hardly ever do.

I read that "stressing" one's San Pedro by putting little holes into the skin will make the plant believe that there's plenty of insects, and in response to that it will increase its mescaline production. I do not know if this is true but just in case, I then proceeded to do just that.... haven't had any San Pedro since then, but I wonder what the Plant Spirit thought about that... I may have a tea with a higher mescaline content for the same amount of cactus, but what if the Spirit did not like what I did? Will it let me know when it enters me? ;)

Ximot said:
I read that "stressing" one's San Pedro by putting little holes into the skin will make the plant believe that there's plenty of insects, and in response to that it will increase its mescaline production.

The cactus doesn't produce mescaline to ward off insects. If that was the case then the youngest most suculent cacti would contain the most mescaline instead of containing none. The oldest, toughest most insect-proof cacti contain the most mescaline.