• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

different effects of "acid" for different people?

lostintrips

Greenlighter
so my dealer just got "acid" and i thought it was real lsd. I took one tab and it tasted bitter for about 30 seconds then it tasted like nothing. it made my tongue tingle for an hour even after i swallowed the tab. (Real lsd had made my tongue feel tingly too in the past with very small doses.) i had a great trip and tripped really hard for 8-9 hours.

2 friends also bought from my dealer this acid and said it tasted like hair spray and one said he barley tripped and the other said he tripped balls. (same dose, 1 tab)

3 other friends each took 1 tab and tripped hard from it and said the same thing i did it made their tongue tingle for a bit.

so i bought 5 tabs and already took one then sold one to my friend and he said it tasted like hair spray and he fell asleep and barley tripped. (he also said he ate before it which i didnt for 5 hours)

the tab i gave him was connected to my tab it was literally on the same strip i got and his tasted like hair spray and he didn't trip while mine didn't taste like hairspray and i tripped hard. i am wondering if different people can be more sensitive to psychedelics and that's why this happened? also everyone who tripped hard on it have eaten mushrooms in the last 3 months, the people who didn't trip have not. can this be a reason that maybe the people who have eaten mushrooms recently are more sensitive to what ever this was? or was there just different chemicals on each tab? which doesn't really make sense how there could be different chemicals on the same strip of acid but anything is possible i guess.

any ideas?

Well, firstly yes. Every trip is different. Secondly, bad tabs, maybe. I've heard rumors of how handling the tabs with your fingers can remove the chemicals from them, but I'm not sure how much truth there's in that. What mostly intrigues me though is how you say that people who tried mushrooms earlier got effects out of the tabs. Now, before I jump to conclusions I would love to know the dosages of the mushrooms and the tabs themselves. It'd be cool to compare this with cannabis. You know how you almost felt nothing of your first joint? But I've never heard of anything like that happening on psychedelics, though who knows.

not sure about the dose on the tabs but for me ive eaten alot of mushrooms in the last couple months around a quarter an an eight on 3 separate occasions and i tripped really hard from 1 tab. 2 friends had almost an eight and tripped hard, my other friend had about 2 gs and tripped from it but he said it wasnt that intense. we are all cannabis smokers too

Are you sure you're actually getting LSD? Keep in mind that some people sell research chemicals as "acid" but they're not actually LSD.

I haven't taken LSD in over a decade; but it never made my tongue tingle or feel weird.

If you're actually taking LSD some people don't get visual experiences from acid. I know people who did take LSD and their friends did get visual trips or psychedelic experiences, while they just had more of a mental experience. They took real LSD as this was in the 60s and they took the same LSD as everyone else in the group of friends that took it all at once together did.

Last edited:
There are a number of possible explanations:
- the tabs were laid badly, giving an uneven distribution of whatever chemical was on there
- the tabs were handled wrong causing degradation on some of them
- it could have been lsd, or different chemical. No way to tell without proper tests
- hairspray could actually have been used to try and fixate the chemical to the paper by someone who thought this to be a good idea
- some people are more sensitive to (specific/all) drugs than others. This can be quite significant
- some people mistake visuals for tripping. You can trip without having visuals
- every trip is different

I don't think the mushrooms have anything to do with it.