• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Harm Reduction Differences in Storing tryptamines, phenethylamines, and other catagories?

Innerpeace

Bluelighter
Is it true phenethylamines are okay to be stored in a cool, dark places, seventy five degrees for years, while typtamines are best in freezer, stores for years.

How many dissociatives?

Phenethylamines are generally more stable but a lot of tryptamines is just fine stored at room temperature for a very long time (αMT comes to mind from popular ones, well at least I didn’t notice it degraded stored like that for a long time). But some degrade pretty fast (psilocin comes to mind as most widely used, DMT in most forms also ain’t most stable molecule and ain’t really stable in any) so storing them at as dry and at as cold place is a good idea if you really want to have them preserved good for a long time. It is somewhat possible to predict how stable some substance is but sometimes there are exceptions. For a lot of common drugs it’s well know how stable or not are they, as MDMA for example is a very stable compound. Most dissos should be pretty stable and definitely more stable than average tryptamine, for example K is a very stable compound.

Out of all the stuff I ever stored for any amount of time, fucking coke was the one that degraded fastest. I stupidly assumed coke should be very stable as otherwise I would surly know, given how widespread it is. So I pretty much ruined my stash cuz basically for months I was keeping it in a loose bag and every so often, very often took out some to consume. That coke was fluffy, high grade stuff and I guess if it was pressed and cut it wouldn’t degrade nearly as much.

O yeah, if you store them in a freezer or a fridge, make sure it’s in a sealed container, best sealed multiple times as many compounds will degrade faster if moist and in a cold place than if very dry and at room temperature.

Similar thinking as you @SpiralusSancti . Interested in mescaline analogues like , methallylescaline, as it is a phenethylamines. Guessing it would be stored similar as other phenethylamines ?

Last edited: