• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Differences in generic 8mg Subutex

Davemp88

Bluelighter
Hi! It’s been a while since I’ve posted on here, but I’ve come across a recent discovery that I figured would be a good topic of discussion and place to get educated opinions from. So I‘ve been taking generic 8mg Subutex for quite a long time, and after first starting out with the Teva brand (the orange ovals), I got introduced to the Roxanne generic 54 411’s. These by FAR I noticed we’re stronger than the Teva’s and they didn’t have that disgusting orange taste. I found out that Roxanne got bought out by westward pharmaceuticals, but to me it didn’t seem like there was any difference in the pill other than a different named manufacturer. I have never tried the Mylans but am curious because I‘ve been reading that people enjoy them. I recently was told that Roxanne/West-Ward might stop making bupe, but my pharmacist assured me that the Rhodes/Purdue ones he now carries are just as good, which is also what I’ve been reading. What I’d like to know is opinions on A) if people have noticed differences in the 54 411’s after West-Ward bought out Roxanne, and B) which one seems to be across the board most effective and have the most Euphoria, between the assumed top candidates of Roxanne/West-Ward, Mylan, and the new Rhodes/Purdue b8’s.
Thanks!

Hysteria breeds hysteria with this sort of thing. The more people that are suggested to that their generic drug is over/underpowered are going to spread that information until everyone starts to take it seriously. The only differences between generic drugs are going to be the binding substances, coloring agents and other "non-active" constituents which should render them all equal.

While that is true that the only difference between the generics is the binders and fillers that that particular pharmaceutical manufacturer uses to make their pill, those different binders and fillers, at least in my case, drastically effect the way my body absorbs the buprenorphine, i.e. why I feel such a difference in strength between say my Roxanne/West-Ward 54 411’s and say the Teva or Hi-tech brands for example.

Rhodes/Purdue are the best ones out of all the generics imo, and I've tried every Subutex generic there is. The Roxanne/West-Ward 54 411 are a close 2nd. Also imho. The absolute worst one that I have tried are the small hi tech brand ! Always ask the pharmacist what brand they have. I get my Rhodes/Purdue from a small mom and pop pharmacy.

OpiumKing, what differences do u notice between the Rhodes/Purdue and the Roxane/Westward 54 411’s? My pharmacist told me he can’t get the Roxane’s anymore when I went to fill my script earlier this week, but said he now has the Rhodes/Purdue and hasn’t had any complaints. He wanted to give me the Roxanne’s he has left though allegedly because I won’t be able to get them anymore, but I’m assuming he wanted to get rid of the stock he had left. I’m excited to try these new ones, but yeah do you notice like more euphoria? They dissolve faster? Or what differences? What kind of comparison would you do? And did you ever try the Mylan’s? I guess they’re not around anymore but I heard they were good.