View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Differences between RC's?

Bunions

Greenlighter
Hello all, for the past while I have strictly been using LSD, but I want to venture out a bit more. I have done 2c-b and that was one hell of a trip. Recently, I have came in contact with someone that has some 2x-x kinda thing (I will find out exactly before picking up.) My question is what is a Nbome and why is it only on some of the RC's. I'm sure y'all know where I'm trying to get at. Any info. regarding these kinds of substances and even dosing's would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

"RC" is short for "Research Chemical," and it is a term that is used to categorize a psychoactive substance that has psychotropic effects and structure comparable to a more traditional drug, but which is novel either because its synthesis was only recently discovered or because it is less well known for some other reason.

With that said, Nbome isn't "on" any research chemical, it is a kind of research chemical. The reason Nbome's are undesirable is several-fold. First, they've been shown to have dangerous and unpredictable physical effects even at dosages that are well within the recreational range. For example, 500mcg of Nbome is a common dose, and you may be completely fine taking it one time and then have a seizure or other serious physical complication the next time. Or your friend may take 500mcg and be fine, but you take it and end up with severe complications.

This brings me to my next point: very few of the currently known psychedelic substances on the market have substantial psychedelic effects at the 500mcg range, but Nbomes do. Such a low dose means that an active dose can fit on blotter paper. LSD is similar to Nbome in this regard and this is what makes things that much more dangerous. For, LSD has been known to be quite physically safe even at doses well north of the recreational dosages. So a kid who has some tabs of LSD can eat a 10 strip and will be physically fine, come what may psychologically. But if you ate a 10-strip of Nbomes, thinking it was LSD because it came on blotter paper, you'd be fucked.

So, in sum, Nbome's are a kind of research chemical that are active at dosages low enough so that the dose can fit on blotter paper. Furthermore, Nbome's are cheap and readily available online. So people can make a massive amount of money redistributing Nbome's under the guise of them being LSD. If your boy sells you tabs of something that isn't LSD, don't accept them because they will most likely be Nbomes (there are other potential options, but not many). Similarly, and this is doubtful, if he tries to sell you a powder for which the active dosage is micrograms instead of milligrams, then it'll be a good chance you're dealing with an Nbome.

On the other hand, if he sells you 2c-b, 2c-i, 2c-e, 2c-d, or anything like that, what you have is not an Nbome. Of course these too need to be treated with the appropriate care, but they seem tobe much, much, much safer than Nbomes as they have not been shown to lack the severe, acute physical complications that result from Nbome.

Of course you should test all your drugs and not trust a new batch before getting it tested. And remember, kids: Just say NO to NbOme.

Look around, there's tons of information here on bluelight, on wikipedia, erowid, reddit...

In short: N-benzyl substituted 2C-x chemicals that are much more potent and fit on blotters, have a horrible safety profile, are not orally active (unlikely LSD), which means they have to be taken sublingually, they have a horrible bitter taste (LSD is tasteless) and numb your mouth. The trip itself is usually very visual but not as much of a mindfuck compared to classic psychedelics. Tolerance lasts longer than the one of most other psychedelics, 2-4 weeks (instead of 1 week). Stay below 1.5mg and don't mix it with other drugs.

There are other RCs, such as the DOx series, which are sometimes passed as "acid".

Bromodragonfly is another RC laid on blotter and IMO is a dangerous mind fuck, mixed with psychosis. Bromodragon fly causes severe vasoconstriction and lasts for 30 odd hours.

Fame family/class as DOC, NBOMe and hundreds of other subsances. Thats just the Phenethylamine side. You then have 100s of Tryptamine variations.

As stated previously do some research. RCs are VERY pure often 90-99%. Street drugs are almost always cut at sorce then recut by distributors.

roi
nbomes are orally active
it's a myth that they are not.

nasty cheap things that fit on blotters

more expensive are the good ones:
AlLad, Lsz, & Doc fit blotters, some other new ones as well.