• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Difference in effectivness of mg of pill

foxycodne

Greenlighter
I hope I am in the right place, I have searched everywhere trying to find the answer to this. I take oxycodone for pain but here is the problem. Lets say I take 1 15mg oxycodone and it kills the pain and makes me feel better but yet if I take 1 and a half of the pink 10mg pills they don't work for the pain nor do I get the energy burst that I get from just one of the 15s. Same medicine same manufacture. Why does anything less then 15mgs not work for me? Just to try to make sure everyone understands. I would rather take one 15mg pill then 2 pink 10mgs pills. Anything less then a 15mg pill has a entirely different effect on me. How can this be? The difference is not small either!!! Its big and the difference between being bed bound and getting nothing done and being able to get up and live life. I know this is kind of a strange question but if anyone can figure this out please help!!!

placebo maybe? mg for mg you are in deed getting 15mg either way whether you take 1x 15mg or 1x 10mg and half a 10mg pill
no way of accurately knowing why certain doses dont work as good as other doses

in all honesty if 15mg works for now, just request 15mg pills
if you talk to your doc im sure that can be worked out

Hi Foxy, welcome to Bluelight.

Are you sure the 10 mg pink pills are instant release? If the 15 mg Roxy are working for you then I would just ask your doc for those. The other pain relief tip I'll pass along is that adding small amounts of tylenol (like 1000 mg) will boost the effect of the oxy. But stick with small amounts, too much acetaminophen is bad for your liver. And this is only for Roxy (pure oxycodone), percocet and vicodin already contain acetaminophen so you wouldn't want to add tylenol to that.

I can definitely agree with you! One 30 makes me feel so much better than 2 15's. Since the pills are the same size, the lower mg's have more filler/binders in them, I'm not sure if this is what causes the phenomenon, but the phenomenon certainly exists!

- Hopeless 7nos

One molecule can have several different variants in the way its crystal lattice is structured. The same molecule could even be amorphous.
This is referred to as polymorphism and can affect the bioavailability of pharmaceuticals and street drugs.
When a company produces a generic version of a drug it must follow guidelines to ensure the molecule being produced is identical to the original drug (non generic version.)
The generic drug does not however have to display the same lattice structure as the non generic.
This can result in the same drug, same milligram, varying in potency among different manufacturers.

So i guess the important question to ask is "are the oxycodone pills from different manufacturers?"

Actually now that i think of it i do not even know whether crystal structure is something easily controlled. In other words the same brand may even have varying crystal structures.
I am only making assumptions at this point though.

Anyways i always found this to be an interesting fact and i hope you find it interesting/helpful as well.

A common example of this in street drugs can be found in the psychedelic community.
I've often heard people hype up a particular batch of LSD by referring to it as "needle point."
i always assumed this referred to crystal structure. I must admit though that i have no idea if "needle point" LSD would have a greater absorption compared to other structures. Still pretty neat though.

^ yes, different manufacturers are better than others! Any pill head will say the A215's are better than the big 224's.. but the difference I was referring about, are from the same company.

- Hopeless 7nos