View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Difference in Cannabis High After DXM Trip

aujiraman

Greenlighter
I normally get pretty high tachycardia from smoking cannabis (sometimes 170-180+ bpm), especially when I an on DXM (which is rarely). One thing I have noticed, however, is that my tachycardia rate from smoking is not *nearly* as high on the day/s after a DXM trip. Still I'm blazed, but the heart rate stays around 110-120.

Could this be due to an increase or reduction in serotonin or norepinephrine levels the day following a trip? What specific effects does a moderate DXM trip (2nd plateau + cannabis) have on neurochemistry / brain structure that lasts through a sleep cycle into the next day or into the following days? Do we even know these things?

High amounts of serotonin.

This causes good and bad effects. Hot flashes, muscle tremors, bruxism.

The good effects are 0 anxiety, total contentness.

I think U experience this calmer weed high because of the high serotonin.

I know what ur experiencing. it's pretty trippy to smoke weed, drink, cigs or coffee after a dxm trip.

I've heard before that NMDA antagonists decrease tolerance or block tolerance to a variety of substances, including cannabanoids. I do know that the days after using dxm or mxe that I smoked weed I get unbelievably high off even small amounts often to the point that is uncomfortable.

This causes good and bad effects. Hot flashes, muscle tremors, bruxism.

The good effects are 0 anxiety, total contentness.
I am getting mostly the good ones. No hot flashes, have noticed a twitch here and there (mostly in my legs). I already suffer from mild bruxism from anxiety - if anything, mine has gotten better. Very balanced today - I feel "cleansed" in a way. If only this feeling would last...
I think U experience this calmer weed high because of the high serotonin.
I started to think the same thing, but then I remembered the time I took a dose of 5-htp (a precursor to serotonin) and then smoked. I had a severe panic attack. Felt nothing at all like today.
I know what ur experiencing. it's pretty trippy to smoke weed, drink, cigs or coffee after a dxm trip.
I drank a pretty good swig from a fifth after coming mostly down (had never done this with DXM before). It gave me a rush like the first time I took Morphine - good feeling in the shoulders - like stepping into a hot bath.

I've heard before that NMDA antagonists decrease tolerance or block tolerance to a variety of substances, including cannabanoids. I do know that the days after using dxm or mxe that I smoked weed I get unbelievably high off even small amounts often to the point that is uncomfortable.

I get the same effect sometimes (from DXM, never done MXE) - however, if I smoke throughout the trip, I get this effect instead the next day - a more relaxed high instead of a more intense one.