• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Difference between WD from oxycodone versus WD FROM oxycodone+naloxone formulation.

WellTram

Bluelighter
Hello friends, I am experienced drug user who suffer from agony of quitting addictive substances all the time because to quit is my goal BUT. I have interesting question. Do you thing there is any difference between intensity or length of withdrawal symptoms in person who was taking 40 mg of oxycodone daily and between person who was taking 40 mg of oxycodone with 20mg naloxone daily ? Oral route of administration. Is it possible that constant presence of low dose opiate antagonist ( naloxon ) while taking oxy will reduce eventual withdrawal after quitting ? That is my main question. The second one is, does anybody had body jerks from oxy like people use to have on tramal ? It happened to me yesterday while also on 15 mg diazepam..another 1mg alprazolam calmed body jerks down but I thought these unwanted side effects were caused by snri component of tram but oxy probably lacks any significant snri properties and I definitely don't want to take more benzos just because of jerks. Thanks and have a nice day.

Hey,
It is a good question in my understanding I assume you are talking about Targin ? First off the naloxone in these formulations is not crossing the blood brain barrier unless it is crushed or injected therfore all it is really doing if taken correctly is reliaving some side effects of oxycodone such as constipation so unfortunately the withdrawals are going to be pretty much identical. On to the body jerks it certainly could be a side effect of the medication or it could simply be a natural reaction (some times our brains and body do weird things like that for no reason and they are completely benign in nature) I wouldnt be to conscerned unless you experience it frequently or with other symptoms such as neurological deficets like loss of vision. Loss of hearing. Confusion ect. Or you have a history of epilepsy. Best of luck with everything.

Cheers

To be honest, until this post I had no idea there was any Oxy/Naloxone formulation unless you are dosing Narcan separately. But Oxy withdrawals are Oxy withdrawals. 2-5 days of cold chills, shakes, cold sweats, RLS, etc. Then a couple weeks mental depression. Be careful brother and good luck

To be honest, until this post I had no idea there was any Oxy/Naloxone formulation unless you are dosing Narcan separately. But Oxy withdrawals are Oxy withdrawals. 2-5 days of cold chills, shakes, cold sweats, RLS, etc. Then a couple weeks mental depression. Be careful brother and good luck
Yeah In Australia they introduced a medication called Targin which goes from 2.5mg of oxy with 1.25mg of naloxone up to 80/40 mg. Its actually a pretty good drug to be honest, if you take it orally it works really well obviously if you cut or snort or inject or whatever the naloxone crosses the blood brain barrier first and sends you into instant withdrawals but I find taking it orally is good and the naloxone actually helps stop the consipation and all that yucky stuff so its great for chronic pain patients like myself, not so great for recreational users. Its an interesting combo on paper everyone says how the fuck does that even work but there is some serious pharmacology shit behind it. But as you said withdrawals will be just as nasty and Oxycontin. And longer than the immediate release stuff like Oxynorm/Endone which is like our Perc/Roxy however the best part is here in Aus all the immediate release stuff is oxycodone only no tylenon or any of that shit.To OP I wish you all the best with the withdrawals try gabepentin if you can get some at around 900-1200mg a day split into three doses a day so 300mg 3x daily it really helps with the RLS and also just the general withdrawal symptoms.

Cheers

Yes it is targin. I am trying hard to stop opiates ( been on high doses of tramadol like 500-1000mg) . One day I decided I had enough of the excessive serotonine and sweating and big pupils and 2 nearly fatal seizures tramadol gave me. I managed to score 20mg/10mg targin pills with 12 hour duration and I actually feel absolutely normal if I take one in the morning and at evening although sometimes I take half off the evening pill at around 15:00 and another half at 20:00...it dost not defeat sustained-release mechanism. I feel like a normal person, no constipation, no fainting sweating seizures. I just feel pain relief. My plan is to reduce targin dose by taking less and less of the tablet in some time Intervals. The question I asked came to my mind mainly because I noticed I don't have any constipation and even feel like I flushed huge amount of toxin from my body to toilet. So I thought that maybe supersmall amount of naloxone which passess BBB can help with eventual tapering or quitting proces. One last thing, oxycodone in doses of 20mg two times per day is MUCH SAFER than 400mg and more of tramadol.

Targin/Targinact was approved in the UK but in practice it's basically not prescribed due to lack of evidence it actually lives up to its claims of reducing side effects such as constipation while at the same time being a lot more expensive than generic oxycodone. The NHS actually advises doctors to never hand out new prescriptions for it and to switch patients with existing prescriptions to standard generic oxy with a separate laxative script if needed.

Anyway if you have this stuff it's well known that naloxone is not active orally as others have said. So it won't make any difference to withdrawals - unless you snort it, then you will get some nasty precipitated withdrawals.

I take it strictly orally and it definitely helps with constipation. Thanks for opinions and information from everybody :)

Fair enough. I think the NHS just says it's not worth the money when regular oxycodone is generic and you can just give patients a separate laxative much more cheaply and get the same effectiveness.

If someone has a bleeding ulcer or other similar damage to anywhere in the gastro-intestinal tract, is it possible that enough PO and SL naloxone is spilling into the bloodstream to have the desired effects? We know that lesions such as that are potential portals of entry for viri, bacteria, and other tiny things . . .