• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Difference between opana ir and er

Tajaodan

Greenlighter
Not a question about drug testing. Just doing research on how long opana er stays in your system like your urine and stuff compared to the opana ir. From research online i have found it says 3-5 days but the reason i am asking is because i dont understand how thats possible if the half life for er is 10-12 hours. Im not asking for a drug test question. Im asking because it doesnt make sense if you do the math it would be way longer than 3-5 days if the half life is 10-12 hours for ER.

Drugs metabolize to something else in your liver and tests check often for those instead of just the active ingredient. Some drugs even need to be metabolized into something else in your liver to be effective. Codeine for example isna pro-drug and it's metabolite morphine is the actual effective drug.

Since metabolites form after ingesting the drug they stay longer in your system and many metabolites have longer half life than the original drug so drugs can be tested even after all of the original drug has formed into it's metabolites.

Mr. Root is probably right. Often times when analyses are conducted to determine the usage of one drug or another, it's not the parent compound that is actually being tested for, but rather, a specific metabolite of that drug, produced within the body through the metabolic process of removing the drug from the body.

Ok. Well reason i was asking was on many medical websites it says 3-5 days when if you do the half life math with it being 9-11 hour half life. It seems it would stay in for much longer.

Tajaodan, also are you aware how elimination works and what half life actually means?

I belive so. Check my math. BA of opana is 40-70 % snorted (from my sources, also only being used to check my math) so we will say average 50%. So if 15 mg was done after first pass it would be 7.5 mg. and take the half life (average it to 10 hrs) and calculate it with 5 days. It would be .0018 ?

End phase elimination half life is actually 17 hours instead of 10 hours so that will do some varianles into it. Also it is a metabolite of hydrocodone and same tests detect it:
20zegxh.jpg

https://tools.thermofisher.com/content/sfs/brochures/AN-10021613-MTL-Hydrocodone-Smart-Note-EN.pdf

I think you are confusing hydromorphone and oxymorphone MrRoot. Replace hydrocodone with oxycodone and its the same though.

Oh crap. Anyhow just change some names and molecular drafts on that screenshots and it will be the same :p

By 4 to 5 half-lives, generally all is eliminated. 5×12=60. Less than 3 days. Its probably more but its close.