• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Difference between Fluoro and Methyl?

The Kid

Bluelighter
Anyone know what the difference is between Fluoromethcathinone and Methylmethcathinone?

Thanks! :)

Fucking RC stim companies.

This is one for ADD mate. At a guess I would imagine FMC to be a shorter-acting but slightly more seritonergic version of 4-fluoroamphetamine (i.e. more like speed than MDMA), but there's no substitute for someone who's actually tasted it. Did 4-fluoromethamphetamine (the equivalent amphetamine to FMC) not have some nasty side effects to it?

I'd let some other cunt be the Guinea pig, myself.

LOL!!! I guess 'The Kid' wanted to know more about pharmacological differences, rather than structural ones...

The para-fluorinated compounds usually have higher affinity for DAT/NET while the para-methylated compounds usually have higher affinity for SERT.

Hmmmm, i think i've actually been the guinea pig as it appears this Toot stuff which has been finding it way up my nose is not meph (as first thought) but 4- fluoromethcathinone.

LOL!!! I guess 'The Kid' wanted to know more about pharmacological differences, rather than structural ones...

Indeed! :)

Hah, when I read this title, and even the first post, I was really confused.

I thought you didn't understand what the names meant, and were looking for structural and chemical differences, as in the differences in binding, electronegativity, etc.

It was just a little post in EADD to see if anyone had experienced the two substances and had any thoughts on the differing effects.

Mainly because i've been taking some thing that i thought was Meph but is actually Fluoromethcathinone. :)

I prob should have made myself a bit clearer, but EADD is a simple place.;)

From the limited subjective reports, 4-f-methcathinone (flephedrone, lol) is a bit more jittery and less empathetic than 4-methyl-methcathinone (mephedrone).

FMC to be a shorter-acting but slightly more seritonergic version of 4-fluoroamphetamine

Why would you expect the beta-ketone to be more serotonergic than the amphetamine? This pattern has not held with any of the commonly available bk's.

ebola

In retrospect, I don't know, ebola. Seemed to make sense at the time, think I confused myself a bit there.

Thread was still in EADD then, they'll believe any old shite in there until F&B rolls up and kicks my chemical arse :p:D

Fucking RC stim companies.

This is one for ADD mate. At a guess I would imagine FMC to be a shorter-acting but slightly more seritonergic version of 4-fluoroamphetamine (i.e. more like speed than MDMA), but there's no substitute for someone who's actually tasted it. Did 4-fluoromethamphetamine (the equivalent amphetamine to FMC) not have some nasty side effects to it?

4-Fluoromethcathinone is probably less serotonergic releasing/reuptake inhibiting than 4-Methylmethcathinone as having an extremely electrophilic substituent in the 4-position of an amphetamine tends to decrease the affinity for the serotonin transporter (like in 4-Fluoroamphetamine, which is not very serotonergic). The 2-oxygenated group in amphetamines also increases the affinity for the norepinephrine transporter, hence why ephedrine is mostly a norepinephrine releaser. So we're probably looking at a compound with a high affinity for NE like ethcathinone (or at least, that's my best guess).

This was the main reason people started selling 4-Fluoroamphetamine, because the lack of serotonergic effect cause the compound to be non-neurotoxic in the rat. See attached image.

Attachments

• 4-fluoro.png
    4-fluoro.png
    64.4 KB · Views: 153
From the limited subjective reports, 4-f-methcathinone (flephedrone, lol) is a bit more jittery and less empathetic than 4-methyl-methcathinone (mephedrone).

Makes sense, as was not gagging to hug my mates and tell them how much i loved them. We were more interested in taliking shite at 100mph and glugging lager like it was water. :)