• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Difference between Ecstasy and MDMA.

If we simply accept the improper definition, aren't we contributing to the problem? We have a role as a community in establishing and maintaining the proper definitions of these things. I think, for the purposes of communication on this board, "Ecstasy" should refer exclusively to MDMA, regardless of the ignorance of the mainstream.

This whole "if it's a pill and it makes me feel good I'm going to treat it just like MDMA" attitude is not only patently untrue, but extremely dangerous. It'd hardly be in the interests of harm minimization or education to spread such notions around. :\

MDMA is Methylenedioxymethamphetamine. You take it. You roll (hopefully). Ecstasy is the slang name for MDMA, though the pills often sold as ecstasy are adulterated. I do not personally think that -despite the prevalence of other things in pills now- that pills that do not contain MDMA should be considered ecstasy. I'd really prefer that when I buy something, I'm not buying "One thing... OR POSSIBLY SOMETHING TOTALLY DIFFERENT!!!!"

So in otherwords, QFT RGB.

How a word is commonly used is how it gets it's definition. I think it's more helpful to tell someone what "ecstacy" means in the real world and not what it's supposed to mean.

And in all honesty telling a few people on the Internet that ecstacy is just MDMA isn't gonna stop most people from consuming, refering to, and selling adulterated pills as ecstacy, so effectively the definition of the word has changed because of how it's commonly used. I think for harm reductions sake alone we should tell people what the majority of other people are talking about when they say ecstacy.

Last edited:
RGB is spot on.

What is widely accepted and what is are two completely different things. The educated need to educate the uneducated.

Ecstacy and MDMA are the same thing in my book. Regarding powder and pills, dosage wise, powder is generally cheaper - when found from a decent source, but it usually has to be bought in higher amounts. Pills can be bought signally and you are guaranteed a rough dosage in most cases (off by 10mg each way). Pills are also useful as we have the likes of Pill Reports which allows you to see what pills containing MDxx in the area, rather than having to purchase a marquis for powder.

MDMA is pharmaceutically cleaner and clearer than a pressed pill. Having had the luck of trying both, I can say that there is a huge differnce. MDMA in its pure form, is way more cleaner and pure. You can feel the clearity in it. You feel happy without the blowing up as you would in a pressed pill. It is strange because both have the active ingredient.

Last post was from 2010... however you're wrong they're exactly the same mdma is mdma.