• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Didn't feel super high when I shot up today...weak dope or am I doing it wrong?

barelysane

Greenlighter
Hey, so first off, I want to say that today's use was the first time in like 70 days so it has nothing to do with my tolerance being too high. I paid <snip> for a bag of heroin from some guy here in Boston who seems to be reputable and most street folk in the area seem to be buying from him but for some reason when I shot it up I didn't feel very high. I actually shot half the bag (assuming my tolerance would be low) and then I didn't feel much so I shot the other half. I got a rush, but it wasn't anything like I've gotten in the past from the times I've used in the past (in fact, it was weak compared to when I used to snort it).

I haven't been an IV user for very long and I'm self taught so I'm afraid I've been doing it wrong...I've been mixing about 35-50 units of water with the dope, I've filtered it with cotton, I've put the needle as flatly as I can into my arm, and I think I've found a vein every time but I'm not sure. I've heard people talk about pulling the plunger up to "register" by seeing if there's any blood that would indicate I've hit a vein, but my hands are always so shaky that I'm afraid if I pull the plunger up I'll screw up the placement of the needle. I've always assumed the needle was hitting my vein because I didn't notice any swelling happen when I pushed down the plunger, but maybe it's just hard to tell based on the injection location (I inject into the crook of my right elbow). The only other thing I can think of that I might be doing wrong besides not formally checking if I'm registering is that I've always pulled the needle out quickly after I've pushed all the dope out...am I supposed to leave it in there for a minute or two?

Thanks haha someone please help me because I like shooting it way better than snorting I just need to figure out how to consistently get the high I'm wanting.

Last edited:
try leaving a little gap of air at the top of barrel so when you register it will fill with blood.
but your technique sounds pretty solid as-is.
perhaps you just had some weak b.
and try to keep this away from any drug-id guys, i say this preemptively; OP you're good. ༎ຶ ෴ ༎ຶ༽

Thank you...I got another bag and shot it and got it in my vein right away and nodded super hard. Much better than the shit the guy gave me earlier...I guess dope isn't too hard to come by on the streets of Boston, you just gotta figure out who's selling the right stuff.

Thank you...I got another bag and shot it and got it in my vein right away and nodded super hard. Much better than the shit the guy gave me earlier...I guess dope isn't too hard to come by on the streets of Boston, you just gotta figure out who's selling the right stuff.

no worries, and i just edited out the price your top post, please avoid discussing prices and/or sources here on Bluelight.
stay safe! ༼ ༎ຶ ෴ ༎ຶ༽

You know, fwiw I found the rush from IVing quite a letdown. I expected it to be the end all be all of opiate use but even with quality dope and either myself or an experienced user shooting me up, it just wasnt. Dont get me wrong, its still great but not the oragsmic thing I was expecting.

You know, fwiw I found the rush from IVing quite a letdown. I expected it to be the end all be all of opiate use but even with quality dope and either myself or an experienced user shooting me up, it just wasnt. Dont get me wrong, its still great but not the oragsmic thing I was expecting.

That's also been my experience. I've only experienced on rush from IV use that was really worth writing home about. And now living in the southwest where it's nearly all tar, shooting really any amount of that causes such an extreme histamine reaction for me now, it just sucks. No bueno.

Don't pull the needle out of your arm so quickly, do it nice and slow or else you run risk of some of your shot leaking into peripheral tissue or literally out of your skin. Shouldn't have anything to worry about though.

Your tolerance for opioids could be increased now and thus you aren't feeling the heroin as much as before.

Stay safe, peace

If the dope rush is not enough, I have heard of crazy rushes from IVed hydromorphone. Some say its even better than dope.

Also, you could have a naturally high tolerance or opiates are just not for you.

I also have experienced rush from meds like Dilaudid, or Oxy - except that the dosage was always pretty high as I can rely on meds and not so much with heroin. Now I just think it should have been due to dose rather than what opiate I used.

If the dope rush is not enough, I have heard of crazy rushes from IVed hydromorphone. Some say its even better than dope.

Also, you could have a naturally high tolerance or opiates are just not for you.
There was a difference when I first used. Rather than painful pins n needles in my palms *like morphine I found dilaudid * was through my muscle in a good way. Oxymorphone and oxycodone had no rush, but oxymorphone was useful iv while oxycodone was like shooting water.

I just recommend avoiding the whole iv trouble. No one shoots just once.

Or to not use Opiates any way besides orally unless there is medical need to have an immediate onset of effect like a broken bone or gunshot wound...