• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

didn't feel much from 2mg xanax

g_dan1

Bluelighter
hi everyone!
I am 5'11 145 lbs
I have minimal experience with xanax. I tried it 2-3 times ago in very small doses (0.5-1mg) just to experiment with it.

Today I decided to take the full 2mg bar (green). first i took 2/3 of a bar (1.33mg) and then an hour later i took the other 0.66mg.
The effects were very minimal. Very similar to 1-3 shots of alcohol but without that spaced out feeling. I also felt really sleepy and tired. There was some relaxation and small boost in confidence (might be placebo.. who knows..)

when my GF (5'4) took 2mg xanax first time she totally blacked out and was slurring and overall VERY SLOW. didnt remember anything at all.

My question is why did I not get any fucked up from the xanax? i definitely have some anxiety but i wasn't feeling particularly anxious or scared on that day. I also ate a full meal about an hour before taking it. Do I just have a naturally high tolerance and should take 3-4mg at once to get fucked up?
Thank you!

Xanax doesn't really have much of a high to me. More of a sedation . And underlying anxiety could counter act it so it works like it's not being used recreationally. Did you take it orally? That sounds normal to me.

yes i took it orally. i was just expecting to get hammered like my gf did, but it didn't even come close to that

I also thought 2mg was a BIG dose for someone with zero tolerance. is tolerance affected by bodyweight?

2mg isn't really a BIG dose.. Its not exactly small either, but not anything huge.. just one bar. I have been taking benzos for like 8 years, been scripted them for over 5 now.. and the first one I ever took was a 2mg Xanax, I have always had tons of anxiety so it didn't exactly get me "high". It was more of a feeling of well being, and all my anxiety disappeared. Be careful though, just because 2mg didn't work your first time, doesn't mean you should do a lot more or anything, try 2mg again if you do take Xanax again, and slowly increase your dosage in like 0.5mg increments, see what happens.. Benzos in general are very unpredictable in how they affect different people. While your GF could black out from 2mg, you barely felt it... that's how it is with them. I wouldn't get into a routine of taking them daily, Xanax is notorious for having some awful withdrawls once you begin to become dependent on them by taking them daily for too long. Maybe try something else if possible, like klonopin or valium, I like those way more than Xanax..

Ilove2nod summed that up quite well. You might try taking them on an empty stomach of 2+ hours as food could have made a negligible difference. Some like to hold them under their tongue for a sublingual ROA but most of it just get swallowed anyways so there is no real risk in giving it a try. Also keep in mind people function on these in their daily active lives so don't expect it to act like midazolam or propofol.

I just thought 2mg first time would at least make me very sedated. Also it seems like i dont get as much anxiety relief as sleepiness. Is that weird? I tried xanax a few times and I feel like I get tired and sleepy but still kinda anxious.. I just really wanna feel like i dont give a fuck about anything. Is it possible to achieve that without falling asleep or passing out? lol

it can depend where you get it from. the one your gf took could have had something else in it. And xanax isnt like a huge high, you dont really notice it. It just kinda sedates you and makes you not give a fuck about anything. sometimes, when I used to do bars a lot, I would be normally fucked up from 2 bars and then if I got it from someone else sometimes the same amount would make me black out and id end up taking 5 more. everyone is different when it comes to drugs. if you want, you can try more but go up half a bar at a time and be careful about blacking out. But all in all, I wouldn't reccomend xanax because it's highly addictive, you will steal shit, you will do stupid things, etc.

i'm gettting it from a pharmacy so i know its definitely 2mg. My other problem is that i get sleepy but still kinda anxious.. i wish it was the other way around

oh hmm that's strange. It could be a generic that isn't as good. I take sedatives for sleep, and I know that this one specific generic doesn't help at all and just isn't the same. People do react differently to drugs, but it's worth mentioning to whoever prescribed it. Are you on any other medications that could interfere with it? If you let it dissolve under your tongue it hits you faster which makes the effects stronger.

I used to abuse the fuck out of this drug and honestly if you plan on taking more just be careful, it's very easy to blackout and take way more than you wanted to. I suggest just going up by taking one, and cutting the second in half and seeing how you feel, so on and so forth. Blacking out is dangerous and can get you into a series of situations you dont want to be in. Never drive on it and always monitor your dosage. Oh and dont drink on it either, that almost killed me.

Last edited:
verrrry possible. Most people feel sedated yet totally loosened up and will partake in most activities that they normally wouldn't. Stealing is a huuuge one, I used to walk into stores and tak anything and didnt feel like I could ever get caught. It's kind of like alcohol where you don't care, you feel better about yourself, etc but without the drunken feeling. Just the mental effects. But what you are feeling is normal. Xanax is also prescribed for sleep.

My first time ever taking a benzo, I took 7mg of klonopin. Benzos don't really give you a "high", just more of a i-dont-give-a-fuck feeling. Like no care in the world. I'd try starting at 3mg and if you don't feel anything in an hour, take 0.5mg every half hour til you feel it. But be careful don't go over like 8mg

Klonopin or valium is so much better than, the over rated SO popular Xanax! Xanax isn't the only benzo out there... try something else. And what m00nlight said is very true about Xanax and doing stupid shit like stealing, starting fights, saying things to people you normally wouldn't say.. Lots of my friends have ended up in jail because of Xanax, and numerous times too.. I don't know why its so fucking popular in the streets and if you ask the same person, at least IME where I am from if they have klonopin or some other benzo they have no idea what youre talking about!?? WTF. The reason I don't like Xanax is for one it does make you completely fearless if you take just the slightest bit too much, sometimes completely fearless and unaware of what stupid ass thing it is you are actually doing! It turns a lot of people in to kleptomaniacs!

i didnt seem to get any fearlessness from 2mg :( i thought it was a big does cuz its the highest one someone csn get prescribed. should i take 4mg to feel completely fearless?

I honestly agree Xanax isn't fun. But if you're going to take it don't rush and take it all at once try 3 mg and .5 every hour until desired effect. Xanax is nothing to rush. So be careful of resisting as well! You can black out very easily on this stuff and do dumb things that you often don't recollect.