• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Did you ever hear about chitosan?

KS78

Bluelighter
"Based on AUC values, absolute bioavailability of IN morphine with chitosan (compared with IV morphine) was found to be 82.3%, 74.9%, and 60.4% for doses of 7.5 mg, 15 mg, and 30 mg, respectively. Relative morphine bioavailability in the chitosan formulations compared with the IN formulation without chitosan was found to be 139.8%, 127.1%, and 102.5%, and compared with oral morphine sulfate was found to be 218.2%, 198.5%, and 160.1%, for the doses of 7.5 mg, 15 mg, and 30 mg, respectively. In the preliminary study, the bioavailability of the IN morphine-chitosan formulation, therefore, was higher than IN morphine without chitosan, or oral morphine, and trended downwards with increasing doses. " Source: Attached

Chitosan seems to be an ingredient that increases the nasal bioavailability of morphine. Does anybody know if it's just effective with morphine or any other substance? If chitosan is making morphine more effective because of a chemical interaction, it probably wouldn't work for non opiates but if it works because of a physical effect on the nasal mucosa, then it should work with other substances too.

"Chitosan is a sugar that is obtained from the hard outer skeleton of shellfish, including crab, lobster, and shrimp. It is used for medicine."
Here is some information about it: https://www.webmd.com/vitamins/ai/ingredientmono-625/chitosan

Attachments

• 1.pdf
    211.9 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Yes got some today works brilliantly got s very good high off morphine and it still same duration and I get a nice rush

Chitosan= ground up shellfish.
UGH!!
NO WAY am I putting that in my body.
Shell's are actually quite healthy. A mollusk is one of the favored kind's over here along with the Oyster. But it is an sport eating these ugly m.f.'s.

Crustacean's like Krebs, Lobster's and Shrimp's. That is were I stop seeing thing's as a food.