View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Did the acid permanently mess with my vision

Mixedberries

Greenlighter
So I've done acid around 10 times and I've done 25i once. So I've noticed that I can be completely sober or stoned and I will see stuff that isn't really there. The images I am seeing are usually a human sized figure. They typically look like a blackish transparent 3d shadow if that makes sence. Usually I only see these figures for a split second or so and then it's gone. I am always able to keep my cool and I don't freak out because I tell myself it could possibly be a strange side affect of doing acid. Is that a possibility or could I be seeing ghosts (if they exist), or am I just crazy.

So I've noticed that I can be completely sober or stoned and I will see stuff that isn't really there. The images I am seeing are usually a human sized figure. They typically look like a blackish transparent 3d shadow if that makes sence

Quite ordinary if you ask me and it probably has to do with dopamine expression - "shadow people" are very familiar for me. Besides this, your brain had "learned" the experience of tripping and now has the knowledge on how to do so. When I concentrate hard enough, I can trigger LSD-like effects simply because I got so familiar with it's effects.

Just don't sweat it, lay off stims if you are using, take some time to be in the quiet, good diet, vitamins, enough sleep, meditate, e.t.c. IMO you'll be fine! ;)

Ok, glad I'm not the only one to experience this. Could stimulants really be affecting this? I'm on a prescription for Adderall so it would make sence. I don't recall ever seeing these ghostly figures before getting prescribed

Ok, glad I'm not the only one to experience this. Could stimulants really be affecting this? I'm on a prescription for Adderall so it would make sence. I don't recall ever seeing these ghostly figures before getting prescribed
Yep, just do a web search "shadow people amphetamine" and you'll see it's pretty common :)
Be especially careful when driving and seeing those shadows - could be misleading dangerous.

It's usually a sign for me to lay off stims for a while and balance my life.

The human brain has a thing for seeing human related hallucinations when it's stressed/tired or drugs are still working their way out of your system. Sleep deprivation is a big one as well. Try to get some rest and relax.