View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Did my K "go bad"?

osla4n

Greenlighter
So last night maybe 4-5 hours after 15mg 2C-B I decided to take some of my old K I had lying around. I've had it for about a year, and it's been all around, most notably (and regrettably) in an attic last summer in very hot and humid temps (not exceeding 100f though, it was in Michigan). Last night I ended up doing the whole bag (~120mg) over the course of maybe 4 hours and didn't feel anything significant--- if it were DXM, I would say 2nd plateau at best.

Now, when I first bought this Ketamine, it was out of this world and very psychedelic. I'm pretty sure it wasn't the 2C-B (although it did make me a bit restless and hard to lie down) as I've read many positive reports of the combination. I have been using MXE somewhat recently, maybe half a gram over the past month and a half, but it's been at least a week or two since the last time I had some. So did it "go bad"? It seems to be a pretty stable compound but I literally did a 50mg line at the end of the night (split into two for both nostrils) just to see if anything would happen and it brought a mild, manageable dissociation.

I'm hoping to buy more K soon (although there seems to be a drought) and perhaps re-trying this experiment with similar conditions as I really enjoyed the 2C-B.

I don't think ketamine really degrades that easily, much more likely it is a bit of tolerance IMO and besides just not every trip is equally awesome just like there is variance with nitrous. 120 mg should be a decent dose, but then again it isn't so incredibly much that there must be some other explanation, especially if you staggered it.

Don't sweat it.
Must admit though that I never researched extreme exposure and stability of K. If for example there is direct sunlight in summer locally surfaces may get a lot hotter.

Still, that is probably not it - check this for reference: http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/582976-Ketamine-Subthread-Storage-amp-Stability

Honestly, I've personally found ketamine to not be as stable as people usually say. I've had ketamine loose potency in a duration of maybe 4 years or something. And that was even in the freezer in a vial. Tolerance can be ruled out, because every body who subsequently tried it had varying degrees of tolerance, and every one agreed it wasn't the most potent kick ass K anymore.